Pandora at The Escapist

Very nicely done sir!

I think it captures the spirit of the community very well.

But I think this topic should be in the Pandora/General Talk Forum.

It's nice that your wife allows you to play with her Pandora. Is there red wine and chocolates involved first?

The article was a good read - thanks for linking to it.

It was nice to see that it focussed on the important things about the Pandora, such as what you can actually do with it and such as the community, rather than nebulous and useless stuff about specifications and numbers (I see that the comments seem to be filling this part in, though...).

Last edited by a moderator:
... rather than nebulous and useless stuff about specifications and numbers (I see that the comments seem to be filling this part in, though...).
Yeah, I was disappointed by the first comments - as you say, not so relevant. But a couple of people since seem to be hearing about the project for the first time, which is great - and the intention, of course.

Its very disappointing to hear so many people say the hardware is outdated, not realizing that the biggest part of the hardware on the pandora is the case with all its features. Volume wheel, keyboard, nubs FTW!

Phones have made people careless about input systems.

Nice job on the article!

I work for a major cellphone company in the U.S. so i have had the chance to test emulation on many of the high-end Android smartphones and tablets. Regardless of the specs of those devices, none of them compare to the experience i have with my Pandora with its superior controls.

Hardware specifications usually are not used to their maximum capacity on homebrew devices like the GP32, GP2X, Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo, the Pandora and others. So complaining things are outdated is really something I can have a laugh about everytime I see a comment like that pop up. Surely more power means more capabilities, but it also means more lazyness with development. On slower hardware things are actually optimized until a certain level. And with ultra modern hardware stuff just gets squashed in without thought.

Even an Amiga 1200 can browse the web and such things. So imagine what a Pandora could do if it got optimized for the current hardware set...

It's a nice article though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great article! It's nice to see one that focuses not just on the hardware and capabilities, but also on what surrounds it to keep it going.

Back