pandora boots up then shuts down on its own

RobotNinja what do I do?
The name's Prometheus. :)

Anyway, I'm afraid I don't know - I'm not really a hardware person. I just felt that it was important to clarify that not being able to work on the power adapter alone, minus battery, is normal for some units.

Last edited by a moderator:
This behavior happened with the unit coming right out of the box...

"Prometheus" (if you prefer) Since you are staff can you please let me know what your procedure is for dealing with similar situations?

The encouraging thing about this case is the lack of similar posts, so this must not happen that often, still, should I feel swindled?

I payed over $600 CAN dollars for a piece of plastic with a flickering screen and a keyboard... Never mind the 5 months of grace, waiting for the unit.

I'm afraid I'm just a volunteer moderator - I don't work for either company.

To my knowledge, the procedure now should be to contact the company you bought it from (as far as the Pandora goes, there are two - OpenPandora Ltd. in the UK, which is Craig's shop, and OpenPandora GmbH in Germany, which is EvilDragon's), and explain the problem to them via e-mail or a telephone call (I'm afraid I don't have the number, though...).

Again, I stress that I don't know hardware too well, but if all of the suggestions so far haven't helped, then this should be the next thing to do. It's what I'd do, at any rate. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply put: I don't have time to "fix it myself", Linux-SWAT, not with a pandora that just came out of the box this way and I didn't do anything to...

Mine came from U.K. shop it looks like. I sent an email out to just about anyone I've corresponded with on the topic.

I imagine the generic sales email gets a lot of hits and my email could get over-looked. Prometheus, if you have a contact in either shop (maybe someone I could send an email to directly), who might help me expedite the resolution to this situation, I would be very grateful.

I'm afraid I don't. I'm really sorry about that. The "openpandorasales@gmail.com" address is the only one I know of for the UK shop.

It is possible to contact both Craig (username Craigix) and ED (username EvilDragon) here on the forum via the private messaging system, but I do know that ED has a very big backlog of these, and I'm pretty sure that he can't do anything with regards to the UK store.

Simply put: I don't have time to "fix it myself", Linux-SWAT, not with a pandora that just came out of the box this way and I didn't do anything to...
I understand.

Something must have happened during the shipping, because units are flashed before shipping, therefore are working.

You will get a working unit, just a matter of time.

I feel sorry for you because the Pandora is such an awesome device.

Back