Pandora-Donation-Status and Thanks-Thread

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to a certain company in US who managed to scrap over 1000 PCBs, the project suffered a loss of 300K EUR.

Thus, quite a few who preordered the Pandora a long time ago did not receive their unit yet and while we're using all the profit we make from new sales to fund the production of the units for these unlucky and patient guys, there's also a way for everyone else to help out - with donations.

Check out this page for more information about it.

This thread will inform you about the amount of units funded from these donations - an it'll also be possible for those who received their Pandora thanks to these donations to say THANKS to the donators here (I'll let them know).

Note: This is NOT for NEW ORDERS. New orders are shipped out right away from stock - this is JUST for old preorders, to clear the queue faster!

Current amount of units funded thanks to donations: 16

These units will ship out within the next few days.

Great to see the donations making a difference already. :)

Here's hoping that with sales of new units & money from donations those pre order queues will be cleared this year.

If you and Craig could post a monthly update with approximate numbers of those waiting on your respective Pre order queues then that would be really helpful & give good motivation to the community.

Something like :

In October 2012

X Pre Orders were fulfilled via donations

Y Pre Orders were fulfilled by profits from new Orders

Z Pre Orders are unfulfilled

Apologies if that's a lot of extra work but it is this sort of clear information that people are crying out for.

I completely agree with Mr_Loon.

Could you please also provide the following information on the donation page (because I need it for a bank transfer):

Address, zip code, and place of account holder.

I was wondering if donations you receive or already received for repairs are also used for this purpose?

Thanks to a certain company in US who managed to scrap over 1000 PCBs, the project suffered a loss of 300K EUR.
I still wish, that you get back the Money from CC and with Interest! Because it can't be that an company act like that and comes away with this. There were successful lawsuits with much less serious reasons, I'm sure the behaviour of CC is not legal, even in the USA. If someone has my money and especialy it's 300K, I would break the hell loose to bring it back, even if it's the last thing I would do.

16 Pandoras out so far since the donations.. I'm impressed, that's more than I'd have guessed

Good to see, that even small donations can let the shipping of preorders continue.

At the moment I cannot even affort to have my Pandora repaired (cracked touchscreenlayer) but as long as I cannot afford that I will donate whats left on my PayPal account at the end of the month.

Let's do this!

Edit: It would be cool, if you cold update the status like this:

Preorders still waiting: xxx

Funded this month by sales: xx

Funded this month by donations: xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I still wish, that you get back the Money from CC and with Interest! Because it can't be that an company act like that and comes away with this. There were successful lawsuits with much less serious reasons, I'm sure the behaviour of CC is not legal, even in the USA. If someone has my money and especialy it's 300K, I would break the hell loose to bring it back, even if it's the last thing I would do.

As mentioned a couple of times: I can't do this, my company never had a deal with CC.

Can't do the first one, as I've got no number from Craig.

So how do you know when you don't have to send Pandoras to craig for his preorderers anymore?

Didn't you want to cover all preorders with the businessplan?

Edit: If craig only gets preorderpandoras for the new Pandoras he sells, this would be a vicious circle, as he can't pay for the new units right now...

Edit2: And sorry if I missed something before...

Awesome. Glad to see this post ED.

Id love a little bit more information related to the countdown of the remaining OPs.... month by month

There has been a pretty deafening silence from Craig relating to that issue.

My totally uninformed suspicion is that there has been no breach of contract between CC and OP Ltd and therefore no avenue of legal compensation. What does boggle the mind slightly is my understanding that CC are still in possession of a large number of boards belonging to OP Ltd. Surely these have some kind of salvage value that could be used for fulfilling pre orders. Again, I must stress that this is pretty hazy recollection on my behalf but sometimes silence speaks for itself.

Many thanks to everyone who has stuck with and believed in Pandora and has donated!! :) :D

My 1Ghz beast is on its way!!

Awsome many thanks!!

Hmm how does this donation covered Pandora for CRaig's shop work? Basically do you ask Craig if he has customers waiting, and get their details then send them out directly?

Exactly :)

Ah good this sounds the sensible way to do it -direct shipping from yourself, rather than sending to Craig to ship out! :)

Many thanks to everyone who has stuck with and believed in Pandora and has donated!! :) :D

My 1Ghz beast is on its way!!

Awsome many thanks!!

Same for me, a really big thank you to all the donaters so far. I'll be donating in a few days (when I'll have some spare money) to keep the momentum going for folk behind me in the queue.

(I'm an original batch 1 pre-orderer who upgraded to a 1Ghz from Craig in June, my upgrade order queue position is #60)

Hmm how does this donation covered Pandora for CRaig's shop work? Basically do you ask Craig if he has customers waiting, and get their details then send them out directly?

Exactly :)
Then why not ask him for all outstanding customers? and get all their details? Then you'll also know numbers too

Edit: As Craig will get Pandora's from yourself, you'll know when he's fulfilling any preorders, and possible you can even ship directly to the customer as well

It would be cool, if you cold update the status like this:

Great minds think alike, or, if you prefer, fools seldom differ. :p

Can't do the first one, as I've got no number from Craig.

Could you do it for just the Open Pandora GmbH queue? I'm pretty sure this sort of info would be hugely appreciated by the community. Give it a try, I think you'd be surprised at how positively this would be viewed. You never know, if you do this and there is a huge positive response then Craig may even do the same.

If a monthly update was too much work then perhaps in true Pandora style updates could be done every 2 months.

Back