Pandora-Donation-Status and Thanks-Thread

My Pandora arrived today! (Shipping notification was received on Monday evening)

Original batch 1 preorder upgraded in June to a 1GHz (1GHz upgrade order #60 from Craig), delivery from Ed funded by donations so thanks everyone who contributed :wub:

Pay day next week and then I can donate to keep the queues moving for the folk behind me.

BTW initial impressions to me are that the build quality is pretty good, unfortunately I'm stuck at work and have a lot to do today so won't get a real chance to play until tonight :rolleyes:

@Ed: Many thanks for all your efforts and particularly for assisting us preorderers from Craig's queue, it's your work that has enabled me to keep the faith, particularly through the last year

Last edited by a moderator:
no sleep for you then. after a long days work, getting home and having a brand new Pandora will keep you up and busy till sunrise I'd bet

My myself put my 1st batch on hold @Craig's shop.

Have my CC premium to work with, so i free my queue position for now.

Compiling is sometimes very slow (swap for hours sometimes), but once a package is done, it's done.

The horrible part is when libre office fails after 24h ^^.

So, ED, how are you deciding which pre-orders are getting the donations? Bagpussawake just said he got a 1GHz, but surely there's more of the original pre-orders still waiting first?

Half of the donation go to fulfill my preorders, the other half to fulfill Craigs preorders.

I only have normal preorders left (no 1GHz whatever) so I follow my queue and I simply request the next customers from Craigs shop. It's their customers so they decide.

The age old question: How many are left in your batches?

More interesting Question: How much money would be needed to fullfill ALL open Preorders?

I mean, we had these "Premium Pandora" campaign and it didn't help to deliver all First Batch preorders. Also some other crazy actions and there are still many first hour orders open? Even after the new Buisiness Plan and everything?

That really brings us to the Question were all the money goes and travels. It seems to grown up to a complex knot where nobody knows anymore what's going on.

And as long as Craig and ED do nothing to get the money back from the Companies that owe them their and our money, it will not get better imho. It's just so unfair to the first batch preorder people. And the failed Companies like CC are laughing at us! Do you find this ok?

Afaik, the invenstments just cover the production of new units. With the profit made from those, the preorders are funded.

Edit: ED had a plan here, that worked really well until craig wasn't able to pay for the GHz units, that his preorderers ordered because of a big wave of refundrequests.

As you can see, ED has new units in stock and sells and produces them without a problem.

More interesting Question: How much money would be needed to fullfill ALL open Preorders?
It's been said many times - we don't know. Craig won't/can't provide any numbers from his side. ED posts updates on his queues

As someone sitting in Craig's 1Ghz queue an update would really be welcomed.... especially as the motivation for the 1GHz order was partly to help the situation!

Thanks very much ED for explaining how the donations are used, and how many Pandoras have been funded so far.

This is appreciated and can encourage more donations. I will donate each month after I get paid.

Craig's OP company is in a much worse state than ED's company, and it's largely not Craig's fault.

Sure, he could be more diplomatic; but there is no point attacking him, it hurts him and doesn't help anyone.

I can understand that Craig does not want to publish the number of 1st batch orders remaining.

It might be depressing, aggravating, and cause further refund requests that cannot be given at this point.

Take it from me - a first-batch 256MB Pandora is still really an awesome sweet device in 2012.

It will clock to 1GHz, and runs very nicely with emulators, homebrew, firefox, linux tools ...

it's very awesome to have this in your pocket. I guess pre-orderers will be getting the 512MB edition, anyway.

It's about 20% cooler! (and the 1GHz is 20% cooler than that)

With firefox, the Delicious plugin works, adblock plus works (need a https fix), flashblock works.

I reckon you won't get a web experience like this on a phone. I reckon it beats the N900.

You can play awesome homebrew games such as mine, _wb_, B-Zar, Ziz, Foxblock ... and lots more :)

Mine is still the best - well I have to be modest; you might not agree :p

And you can run perhaps thirty thousand or more older games in the emulators. Some of them are good!

Of course, you bought all those games and arcade machines back in the day ... :p

So, when you finally do get your Pandora, I reckon you will be happy with it.

What a great community we have, so many people are pitching in with a donation to help others.

I reckon you won't get a web experience like this on a phone. I reckon it beats the N900.

I've seen ED say this, and it gives me high hopes for when I finally get my Panda, as the N900 has by far the best mobile browser I've ever used, better than CM9 AND Web OS on my Touchpad, even. Sadly as it's been getting old and the flashplayer isn't updated past 9.4 it's slowly getting worse on some websites. :(

I've seen ED say this, and it gives me high hopes for when I finally get my Panda, as the N900 has by far the best mobile browser I've ever used, better than CM9 AND Web OS on my Touchpad, even. Sadly as it's been getting old and the flashplayer isn't updated past 9.4 it's slowly getting worse on some websites. :(

What browser was available on the N900 ?

What browser was available on the N900 ?
I believe it was some version of Firefox... I miss my N900... damn that charger-loose connection problem that plagues them...

Back