Pandora Emu Pack & Fact Sheets

I would not place roms as a subdirectory of pandora. It is not required, semantically a different thing, and can potentially slow down the scan for PND files.

The few emulators that I've seen that don't allow arbitrary locations to be used, required the roms to be in appdata and not a subdirectory of pandora. I.e. appdata/<emu-name>/roms or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does perform a deep-scan, but on second thought I think it actually scans the specific subdirectories and not /pandora itself.

[edit]Yes, indeed. It scans (by default) /pandora/apps, /pandora/desktop, /pandora/menu, and /pandora/mmenu but not /pandora. So, I commented too soon. It's fine like this.

Apologies for the confusion, I should have checked this first.

[/edit]

great work... gonna love you. well, assuming I will one day receive my pandora...

Good work. This will help the masses cope with differing standards.

Just a little disappointed there were no pictures of actual emus, ostriches or rheas. :p

I just had a good look at this, and although I am currently just preparing my SD card and can't test it yet, I already know that the fact sheets prevented my from a lot of frustration!! Also knowing the button-layout of the emulated system, and which is which on the Pandora is priceless. And extremely well presented in the document!

Late appreciation, I know, but thanks for this, I love it!

Would be great to have an up-to-date version of the document, maybe with added information if the emulator takes zipped roms?

To hold on to my tradition of randomly nagging:

Wouldn't the documentation part be better placed in the wiki? Or for portability sake in a compressed html format ? At least having a seperate download for the pdf would be nice, as there is no need on my side for the pnds.

Your pdf is really great, but scattering information about pandora usage doesn't seem very reasonable for me, as this makes it harder for new users to get what they need fast. It also helps "verterans" when they do not need to come up with a whole catalogue of helpfull links, instead of just one

Nice.

Indeed, the .pdf should be more visible, ie on the wiki or somewhere in repos.

Back