Pandora Pandora Emulator Frontend

Mithrildor said:
Nice but i'd dont like the Play Game with CAPS.
I agree, and why type of GUI middleware are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiptup300 said:
Mithrildor said:
Nice but i'd dont like the Play Game with CAPS.
I agree, and why type of GUI middleware are you using?

Can do.

There's middleware that I can use to make gui's :eek: ?

Truthfully I use a program called edje_editor to help me with layout and quick changes. But I have to clean up the code after I save the file so I avoid it when I can.

why? oh and right now I'm using vera as the font. If you would prefer another font let me know.

hells_dark said:
Looks really good now :)
But i don't like the spaces randomly wide before the rom names.
All titles are not at the "same level".
Yeah neither do I :) . Ill see what I can do to fix it.

Okay here is another youtube video of ZiB. I haven't fixed all the GUI issues but I need input from you TipTup300 and hopefully some art.

The video show how I think the Game settings screen should look. minus the proper icons are visual embellishments. The Options will be generated at launch for the given emulator so placement will be rather grid like. I would have sent just a screen shot but I don't think it shows the idea off well enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UJvON8lCM3M

short and sweet.

I was just asking since you said about the whole thing where you had to resize the textures. It seemed as though you were using a pre-made GUI api or something. :p

The only current problems I see are:

- Not all the game's names are left aligned.
- The sort by thing still isn't there, plus the "Y" button is scaled wrong.
- The shadows for the text on the main categories should be at 50% opacity and not 100%
- Not a big fan of caps "PLAY GAME"
- Realease Date, heh
- Also, the settings will be able to be controlled via gamepad instead of mouse right?

Remember all these are very very minor things, things I don't really really care about.

What all art do you require, it seems you got the settings page layout taken care of pretty well.

The sliding of menus (on the right) seems annoyingly slow to me, will one be able to disable it or change its speed?

Tiptup300 said:
I was just asking since you said about the whole thing where you had to resize the textures. It seemed as though you were using a pre-made GUI api or something. :p

The only current problems I see are:

- Not all the game's names are left aligned.
- The sort by thing still isn't there, plus the "Y" button is scaled wrong.
- The shadows for the text on the main categories should be at 50% opacity and not 100%
- Not a big fan of caps "PLAY GAME"
- Realease Date, heh
- Also, the settings will be able to be controlled via gamepad instead of mouse right?

Remember all these are very very minor things, things I don't really really care about.

What all art do you require, it seems you got the settings page layout taken care of pretty well.
1. Fixed
2. I know I was in a hurry (I work on this at work so it happens in spurts ;) )
3. That would look nice I'll get on that.
4. Sometime after I have a Pandora to map the Joystick Keys and before Duke Nukem Forever. :p
5.I have mouse and Keyboard controls right now. Joypad control should be pretty easy to implement when I have one to work with.

I wouldn't mind a check mark like icon to show that the setting is enabled / disabled.

Spirit said:
The sliding of menus (on the right) seems annoyingly slow to me, will one be able to disable it or change its speed?
Speed isn't set yet (that is I copy and paste old code) see reason 2 above for the reason

hells_dark said:
I agree, the sliding is too small :/
I just can't make you happy can I Hells_Dark. :p

Okay everyone I have a quick update.

I have gotten the search function working. And with it the categories will work as well. I don't have any category info to speak of so it doesn't do anything, but if I did, I'm confident it would :p. I am now focusing on the various setting options so we can start using it day one of the Pandora release. That being said I will have to use a virtual machine for the first couple of months after the release. I had to purchase an new car this weekend (old one went kaput) so I am a little short on funds. If it looks like I won't be getting a Pandora I will make sure the code is will documented and usable for someone to pick up the torch.

Seems you and I are in similar boat tiptup300. Kinda funny that the ones working on the program wont get to use it first... <_<

A question-

do you think that there could be a program tied to ZIB on a computer that could fetch data (Game Pictures, Correct Names, etc.)? Maybe it could be a plugin to the Pandora Sync Suite?

Anyway, that frontend looks GREAT. Good work AimlessE.

PandoraRox said:
A question-

do you think that there could be a program tied to ZIB on a computer that could fetch data (Game Pictures, Correct Names, etc.)? Maybe it could be a plugin to the Pandora Sync Suite?

Anyway, that frontend looks GREAT. Good work AimlessE.

Hey PandoraRox glad to see your still around.

I like the idea (though it might be a little to "itunes-ish"). The original plan was to have ZiB do the fetching when it detects the game. But a PC version that could "Sync" with the Pandora would be really cool. especially if it can do it wireless-ly. It's something to consider for future versions but for now I think we need a feature freeze to keep everything on schedule.

Aimless_E said:
Hey PandoraRox glad to see your still around.

I like the idea (though it might be a little to "itunes-ish"). The original plan was to have ZiB do the fetching when it detects the game. But a PC version that could "Sync" with the Pandora would be really cool. especially if it can do it wireless-ly. It's something to consider for future versions but for now I think we need a feature freeze to keep everything on schedule.
Yeah, I like the idea that ZiB would do the fetching over WiFi when it detects the game. Then you wouldn't have to go back and plug it in to your computer, find the games w/out artwork... etc. It would make everything easier, and that's what this project's about, right? :p On another note, I'm glad you're getting to the point of a feature freeze. We'll be able to enjoy your work that much sooner.

When it rains, it pours,

Not only did I have to get a new car the last couple of weeks, but my main computer (the one I play most of my games on) is now acting up. I'm starting to think I have inherited the Pandora curse.

I will have to think long and hard about what I should do about the SoothSayer (Mine main computer). So the choice now is wether or not I continue to wait for the pandora or blow some cash on my computer to get it up and running again.

Development continues however. I have ZiB functioning as a true multiple emulator front end now. And should be able to present a functioning beta release in the coming weeks. It wont have the internet download code yet but it should be able to do what we need for the first release. (play games, change settings,update catalog,etc.)

Pix will follow.

I'm back baby!

I'm on the list for the first batch of Pandoras and I have a renewed interest in ZiB (I hate bug smashing). I promised pix I know but my development environment has changed so I have been trying to get back in the grove. But for those that are interested heres a tentative release schedule.

Version 1.0

Features:

View all Roms from all emulators that are supported.
Easy setting toggles that can be saved for each game.
Displays available flyer/poster/screenshot of the game
Available Roms and their info are stored in a DB file to minimize disk reads.
Search finds all games that match the criteria for each emulator and keeps said games in there respective section.
Emulator default settings can be configured in the Emulator Manager section on the main menu
Rom Manager allows for the manual reloading of the game DB
ZiB settings --disabled for the time being
Categories work but are not set due to lack of data.

What need to be done:

Move all configurable options to config files (some are hardcoded).
Make sure new configurations can be added by others.
Add the ability for new emulators to be added to a supported emulators list which includes rom dirs configs and flyer/screenshot data
Add keyboard commands to all screens.
Squish bugs
Squish bugs
Clean code
Get Pandora
Add Joystick commands to all screens.
Squish bugs
Squish bugs
Release RC to various followers of the project to get needed rom data and feedback.
Squish bugs.
Release to the wild.

It's nice to know that this is continuing - I'm looking forward to a nice, easy to use emulator "launcher". Keep up the good work, it's looking great!

Hello Friends of ZiB

I promised pix and pix you shall have.

Edit:

well okay.... apparently they've got the img tag disabled....nm

Back