Pandora For Kids: Looking For A Kind Soul To Test Video Playback

:) My daughter loves Caillou :) And i do hope that she can look some vids when where on the road ;) Much more relaxing when the kiddis are silent while I'm driving :)

Btw. Mr. Gonzo shouldn't you be making some Games :)

Fry_Guy1440 said:
Bah. I think you should let them watch this.

(Referring to the link) Oh that old clip, the "dirty rainbow" clip. It seems to have become something of an urban legend (not the only one, another I know of is what happened when the BBC shut down at the outbreak of WW2), along with the "zippy swears" (including jim davidson) clip. None of these were ever banned, as they were never broadcast to the public. From memory these come from Christmas tapes made within ITV in that time period, and were never ment to be seen by joe public! They were produced by (and for) the staff/employees at the time! The BBC also made christmas tapes in years gone by as well.

ljones

Last edited by a moderator:
The blame lies with Victor Lewis Smith I think. He liked to take clips from the christmas tapes and present them as the real McCoy.

clippa said:
The blame lies with Victor Lewis Smith I think. He liked to take clips from the christmas tapes and present them as the real McCoy.
Yep, I think he put in a few clips on his "TV Offal" series.

Wikipedia entry on xmas tapes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tape

This site contains an audio clip of the "zippy swears" xmas tape ('celebrity swears'). Has done since '98! (Watch out though, there are scarry public information films there too! Don't watch the matches PIF or you'll have nightmares - ! ).

ljones

notaz said:
timothee said:
From what I've read, I'm not worried about codec/format support, but rather plain "can these files play smoothly on the Pandora?". I'm 90% sure they will play fine, but before I convert my whole collection, I've uploaded two of the episodes I have already ripped, in the hope someone could confirm they will play ok on the Pandora.
The mplayer I have is not fast enough to handle them unfortunately even when overclocked. I'm not sure if it uses NEON but I know it doesn't use the DSP.

Thank you very much for testing them, Notaz. It's much appreciated. I will definitely move to mpeg4 instead then, it sounds like a safest bet for now, until the DSP is used and tested.

notaz said:
timothee said:
From what I've read, I'm not worried about codec/format support, but rather plain "can these files play smoothly on the Pandora?". I'm 90% sure they will play fine, but before I convert my whole collection, I've uploaded two of the episodes I have already ripped, in the hope someone could confirm they will play ok on the Pandora.
The mplayer I have is not fast enough to handle them unfortunately even when overclocked. I'm not sure if it uses NEON but I know it doesn't use the DSP.

I find Caillou very whiney and complains alot. Never liked this one much. I have 3 kids and have watch most every cartoon out there once or twice...

I am Canadian also !

D)

Back