Pandora Game And Application Naming Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of interest, and because it's almost on topic here, what do people think about calling the P&|a "Panda"?
I think it's a cute name, but it's not really related so maybe some people won't like it?

Tobs

stustaff said:
I like PAN as the convention eg

Panexplorer
Panfox
Pan64
Snespan
Panubble Pobble
Pantie fighter
PanIK+

etc
I'd have to agree, considering that the working names for my MMO are "PanMMO" and "PanServ". :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspired by kin's PD.-names, you could also perhaps use, say, OPSNES, OPGear, OPWrite, or OPWhatever. :p

Anyway, I agree with the "just name it whatever you want" sentiment, really. :p But it's interesting to see how many variations on a Pandora-specific scheme have come up.

I don't realy care about how the names turn out, but the DORA I liked because one of my first characters in the MMORPG Tibia was Named Dora :p at 1998ish :)

soz for beeing oftopic :p

//som99

TaG said:
I agree. Surely somebody that devotes their own time to create software should have the right what to call it?

Imagine Bob's Game for Pandora. "Sorry Bob, you can only release this game (that took five years of your life to create and looks freakin' awesome) if you use the naming convention DoraBobsGa, as it's got to start with Dora and only be 10 characters. Take it or leave, Bob."
I don't think anyone said that this was a requirement. It's more of a predict which prefixes people will use.

Tobs said:
Just out of interest, and because it's almost on topic here, what do people think about calling the P&|a "Panda"?
I think it's a cute name, but it's not really related so maybe some people won't like it?
I like it too but it has some inherent problems. Those special symbols won't work in file names. Plus some people (that don't hang out here at least) might not actually get what it means. In fact, the OR actually took me a couple seconds to figure out the first time I saw that. Clever stuff though. :)

mali said:
Is it 14" ^_^
DD: Bad images, I mean, thats larger then my Desk lamp! Or my humidifier!

stustaff said:
I like PAN as the convention eg

Panexplorer
Panfox
Pan64
Snespan
Panubble Pobble
Pantie fighter
PanIK+

etc
<best Beavis impression>
heh, heh, heh, heh...panty fighter...heh, heh, heh, heh
</best Beavis impression>

Man I miss that show. :(

PNES. That's freakin' hilarious! :lol:

Yannick said:
Tired of all your app names starting with K?
Upgrade to P !!!

So there won't be a Pandora II it will be Randora...

Imho, ports should be named "... for Pandora" if the game / app is well known like Quake 2. If proggy or game is not known , not so popular it should be named simple. example: super methane bros should stay super methane bros. To be honest i really hate this "2x" , "gp2xsomething" naming.

There is literally at least one bullshit Pandora thread created every 15 minutes now. Pretty unbelievable!

Thanks for contributing.

Senor Quack said:
There is literally at least one bullshit Pandora thread created every 15 minutes now. Pretty unbelievable!

Thanks for contributing.
You have something more important to share with the community that was unfortunately stopped by this menacing evil thread which will cause the universe to explode therefore fulfilling some members promises that the Pandora will never be delivered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back