Pandora Game Limitations

Mac Daddy

Still Fresh
Hello. I have a question about the limitations of what the Pandora can handle in games when it comes to 3D games. I have seen Mario64 and Final Fantasy 7 as well as other PS1 games being played on the Pandora, but I would like to know the limits for a 3D game.

Could the Pandora handle a PS2 game or is that pushing it. The reason is, is that I have ideas for games and I would like to create them for the Pandora, even though I will need help in making them as I only have ideas and can not make any thing when it comes to 3D models or games.

Thank you for taking your time and reading this. Thank You.

Questions like this should really go in General Talk - the Developers' Corner is really meant for in-progress projects. ;) (No worries, though - I'll move it as soon as I finish writing this reply.)

Now, on-topic, I'm not entirely sure that I understand quite what you're asking, so please could you clarify? Do you mean "Can the Pandora's 3D hardware handle something on a similar level to the PS2?", or something more like "Can PS2 games be emulated?"? I'm guessing you mean the former, but I think it's better to be 100% sure. :p

Prometheus said:
Questions like this should really go in General Talk - the Developers' Corner is really meant for in-progress projects. ;) (No worries, though - I'll move it as soon as I finish writing this reply.)

Now, on-topic, I'm not entirely sure that I understand quite what you're asking, so please could you clarify? Do you mean "Can the Pandora's 3D hardware handle something on a similar level to the PS2?", or something more like "Can PS2 games be emulated?"? I'm guessing you mean the former, but I think it's better to be 100% sure. :p

I mean Can the Pandora's 3D hardware handle something on a similar level to the PS2, not can PS2 games be emulated. I would like to know the limitations of what Pandora can handle before it says "Computer Says No".

Last edited by a moderator:
Your own imagination...

PS2 will never happen on pandora. Dreamcast is a stretch. Basically look through apple's app store to see what its capable of; it not likely we will see games like that here. Quake 3 mods and a few others should be the most taxing on gpu yet still playable.

Gotcha. Thought as much. :) (Also, haha, fan of Little Britain? Awesome.)

This is quite old (it's a video showing some tech-demos), but it may be worth a watch. What the hardware can really do isn't my field of expertise, though, so I'll step out now.

Mac Daddy said:
Prometheus said:

I mean Can the Pandora's 3D hardware handle something on a similar level to the PS2, not can PS2 games be emulated. I would like to know the limitations of what Pandora can handle before it says "Computer Says No".

See the 256x256x256 thread in the dev section.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I have not really benchmarked it, I think games like on the PS2 should easily be possible if someone really does code properly.
(NOT emulated!)

While this is unlikely for homebrew games, a big gaming studio could do it.

Just go to youtube and search for "iphone 3d games" - the iPhone 3GS is very similar in power as the Pandora.
The stuff seen there would be possible.

Back