Pandora Games / Emus While Launch-date

streak

Website
www.openpandora.pl
Im curious what games /emus are prepared by devs on pandoras launch date ?
As far i know devrs prepared few emus 4 pandora, but we still dont know the exact releasing date. Maybe some devrs would like to release it on pandora launch date.

Anyone ? Craigx? Give some info. :)

That's up to the individual authors. Chances are pretty good that anything you've seen a video of will be available at launch.

Given there is no launch date (AFAIK?), this is a hard question.

As a launch date approaches, devs will probably get advanced units to bring things up on; but right now, few devs have seen it, and theres no actual hardware being made right?

jeff

skeezix said:

As a launch date approaches, devs will probably get advanced units to bring things up on; but right now, few devs have seen it, and theres no actual hardware being made right?

jeff
Uhh, what?
A lot of the devs have hardware. It's missing Wifi and bluetooth and stuff, but it's got the LCD/ SD cards / processor / etc. so it's enough to develop on.

Last edited by a moderator:
To partly answer your question, it looks like we should have nes, snes, jaguar, psx, genesis, neo geo, and master system. Some of these I know because their progress has been well publicized (snes, jag, psx), and the others because they worked well on gp2x and there's no reason to think they won't be ready for the pandora.

On that grounds.. theres a lot more that worked 'well' on gp2x than those; more to point, its probably an easy port to pandora (on an SDL level, and soon afgter, the more on-the-hardware level), since its all just linux and the specs are bigger in every dimension.

So porting to pandora will be easy and fast for the most part; but hes asking about launch day.

I would expect there to be a few things on launch, and a deluge of things soon after; people shouldn't worry.

jeff

skeezix said:

jeff

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back :lol: :lol: :lol:

Plenty of people have hardware, and there is software

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6dESG-xAYM...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/zodttd (PSX obviously)

http://www.youtube.com/user/notasaz (Sega CD emulation, fullspeed batman)

To my knowledge 100 dev units were produced and went to people for the OS, emulation or Homebrew. Information is a bit sketchy though.

Edit: It looks like nowhere near 100 were produced, but some where and devs do have them. Others program on the BeagleBoard or perhaps some other OMAP dev board.

skeezix said:
On that grounds.. theres a lot more that worked 'well' on gp2x than those; more to point, its probably an easy port to pandora (on an SDL level, and soon afgter, the more on-the-hardware level), since its all just linux and the specs are bigger in every dimension.

So porting to pandora will be easy and fast for the most part; but hes asking about launch day.

I would expect there to be a few things on launch, and a deluge of things soon after; people shouldn't worry.

jeff
Yep, should be scary easy to port over stuff and take advantage of 750mhz overclocks :eek:

I'd say most well known US and UK consoles pre-1996 will be emulated

Wow, PSX support? I did not expect that, I knew it was possible but it's good to know now.

Would be okay to ask here how to rip psx games to a pc?

Back? I'm always here; just busy with a baby so not posting so much. Wait till I get my pandora and wiz, then you'll see my flurry again :)

Does zod actually have a dev unit? I thought most people were working from official SOC kits and so forth, not actual Pandora wraps? *shrug*

Pandora cannot arrive fast enough ;)

jeff

nubie said:
To my knowledge 100 dev units were produced and went to people for the OS, emulation or Homebrew. Information is a bit sketchy though.
I'm not sure that is fact - it was mentioned earlier in the project but I don't think anyone has ever suggested/confirmed it became a reality...

More than 10, less than 100 :D

gametaku said:
Would be okay to ask here how to rip psx games to a pc?
If you own the game..... I heard alcohol 120% works well

nubie said:
Nowhere near 100 were made. Craig offered to sell up to 100 to the right sort of programmers, but not nearly that many took him up on it (or made the cut). These boards are hand-made, and therefore hideously expensive. They only made as many as were absolutely necessary. A few guys still have the older TI OMAP dev boards instead of the MK0 boards, but those work just as well for most purposes.

Thanks guys, all we know for sure was there is a stack of hideously warped dev boards that got mangled in shipment.

I know some devs are using the BeagleBoard (pretty similar, $150), and some have early pandora motherboards and screens.

Yeah, can't get here fast enough, that is my thinking.

We will have software soon enough after launch, I just hope that we are as strong as we were with the GP2X. Bonus is that BeagleBoard software should port very simply (display/input/libs dependencies only?) and vice versa :D Not to mention that quick recompiles should get almost all the GP2X stuff going that only needs one ARM core and the right software libraries (obviously the controls will need a bit of work).

Linux should make the job much easier, as will an X server, if there is one shipping installed on the unit.

Back