Pandora Green Screen

jameswilder

Still Fresh
Hey All,

Last night while gaming on my pandora rebirth I noticed two things:

1.) When I open the screen lid to 90 degrees ... the screen will not come on, unless it snaps completely vertically

2.) Also the screen itself is now displaying weird colors... and then it gets stuck on green hue on  the entire screen.

Did I do something wrong? ....I take great care of my pandora.

Is there a program to correct this?

Or do I have a faulty pandora?

Please help!!!

Infamous purple tint of death, in green form apparently.

The LCD cable used to be one of the most brittle parts of the entire system with an unbelievably high failure rate, some 25% or so. The cable would start breaking at one edge which resulted in the green line being severed, leaving just the blue and red in full glory, tinting the entire screen purple. Eventually the cable would fail completely.

It was vastly improved but even the best processes are not infallible. Looks like you're suffering the opposite problem: the opposite edge carrying the red has been severed leaving you just blue and green leaving you a kind of cyan/green colour.

Anywho, history aside, know that what you are experience used to be common but is now rare, but the solution is the same: you need a new LCD cable. You can contact EvilDragon and ask for a replacement cable if you feel up to doing it yourself (it's relatively easy but does require some... finesse with the case) or request an RMA and ship it to him for the repair.

If you're in North America you can try contacting Link at ithic.com about an RMA, cheaper and faster than round trip to Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Link didn't do LCD replacements?
Not the entire LCD: if you've got some dead pixels or cracked glass that's outside his ability, but I'm pretty sure I remember him mentioning simple cable replacements.

Back