Screen problems

Musicman

Still Fresh
I'm having trouble with the screen on my pandora, it's pretty hard to explain though. When I have the screen not all the way back, the pixels "dilute," just, way off coloring. If it's at about 90 degrees, (the worst it gets,) everything will be tinted purple, or green. If the screen is all the way open, then I have no problems. Any suggestions? Could it be the wiring?

it's the cable. Only solution is to replace it. Best to just send it back to have for repair before you become addicted to having a computer in your pocket like I have and are forced to live with the tinting :(

I'm having trouble with the screen on my pandora, it's pretty hard to explain though. When I have the screen not all the way back, the pixels "dilute," just, way off coloring. If it's at about 90 degrees, (the worst it gets,) everything will be tinted purple, or green. If the screen is all the way open, then I have no problems. Any suggestions? Could it be the wiring?
Contact your distributor. The LCD ribbon is damaged and will need replacement. This is not user serviceable part and will require shipment back to the distributor for repair/replacement. I'm sorry for your luck. This has happened to me twice already.

Ah well, I actually had bought it on Ebay. Where would I be able to send it to? (Also, I already am addicted to it... :angry: )

Oh, and thank you for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well, I actually had bought it on Ebay. Where would I be able to send it to? (Also, I already am addicted to it... :angry: )

Oh, and thank you for the help!

You can contact me (shop@gp2x.de), I will replace it for you.

It happened with the first units and with a few of the later ones (some cables aren't too sturdy it seems, already looking into this :) )

Where are all the trolls when something this beautiful happens???

You are a rare man, Michael. Don't let any of this change you.

You see, this is the kind of awesomeness that you'll never see from a huge company. I see it almost like OPT are willing to take a loss in profits (a small one, sure) because they see it as their responsibility to fix any oversights.

ED, you rock. OP, you rock.

Im in the same exact situation. My screen is doing the same thing. (also the left nub is broken, if I use it as a mouse the little pointer goes all over the place. I got mine off of ebay too For a measily $550. Can I do the same thing, send it in? How long would it take?

Im in the same exact situation. My screen is doing the same thing. (also the left nub is broken, if I use it as a mouse the little pointer goes all over the place. I got mine off of ebay too For a measily $550. Can I do the same thing, send it in? How long would it take?

Yeah, can fix that, too. Can't fix the nub yet though, as we need to wait for the new boards with nubs...

I can repair the LCD cable within one day, so how long it takes depend on shipping ;)

Um, I wasn't able to find where to email you unfortunately. (I'm not the smartest tech guy... =( I don't deserve my Pandora!!! :( ) Haha, thanks for everything!

Um, I wasn't able to find where to email you unfortunately. (I'm not the smartest tech guy... =( I don't deserve my Pandora!!! :( ) Haha, thanks for everything!

it was the 5th post from the top...

EvilDragon said:

OR Maybe he means, where on his Pandora does he send emails from?

just a thought

Oh, never mind. I didn't realize that it was an email address. Yeah...

Hi ED, this has happened to me too but I got mine's from Craig's shop. I contacted them but they didn't know how long it would take before they could fix it (they told me to get back in touch in ten days, and that was last week).

Is there any way I could send mine's to you if you're in a position to fix them now? I'm in Scotland, and more than happy to wait, but the last thing I did was install Baldur's Gate and I now have to play it on the PC ;-)

Many thanks!

Hmm my third pandora and now it has become purple hazed :( time to send it back again.

1st pandora: broken volume wheel

2nd pandora: Broken nubs

3rd pandora: Purple Haze and Case crack

Did I have all the common flaws now :D 4th time is a charm I guess :)

Back