Pandora Handheld Emulator List?

joseluisjazz said:
Asmo said:
I see no ZX81 emulator listed. I am now experiencing a craving to play 3D Monster Maze.
look here. Forum user zx-81 said he would be working on a port of an existing zx81 emulator. A good candidate could be Z81 emulator. However FUSE 0.9.0 Spectrum emulator port for pandora is already availabe. It could be upgraded to version 0.10.0.2 which is the latest one ATM. I like how that version's already been ported to psp, wii, nokia maemo...

Thanks for the great link (emulator possibilities)! Tells you what will, what won't, and what may work on the pandora handheld...he updates it too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
joseluisjazz said:
aesir911 said:
Thanks for the great link (emulator possibilities)! Tells you what will, what won't, and what may work on the pandora handheld...he updates it too!!!

Although the last update is on Oct 18th, 2008...
And
Nintendo 64 (no active projects)
the information is not correct (for obvious reasons, a lot has changed in the last year.)

rabidpoobear said:
joseluisjazz said:
aesir911 said:

Although the last update is on Oct 18th, 2008...
And
Nintendo 64 (no active projects)
the information is not correct (for obvious reasons, a lot has changed in the last year.)

well that sucks. I thought it was 2009, ugh! I guess this and that are the way to go...

Gary13579 said:
x68000 said:
The Pandora is just a small business device for making spreadsheets and playing the odd game of minesweeper, so you may as well just move along.

and save the unit for someone who isn't an idiot...
Coming from the one that thought craig actually fell off a roof... :rolleyes:

El Jefe said:
Gary13579 said:
x68000 said:
The Pandora is just a small business device for making spreadsheets and playing the odd game of minesweeper, so you may as well just move along.

and save the unit for someone who isn't an idiot...
Coming from the one that thought craig actually fell off a roof... :rolleyes:
OMG CRAIG FELL OFF THA ROOF? IZ HE OKEY?

If the pandora has N64, Dreamcast, Flash Games, and (of course) PSP, then the wait for this device will be so worth it. Otherwise, it'll just be a stripped down overpriced mini laptop...

(I just know I'm going to get roasted for this...)

aesir911 said:
If the pandora has N64, Dreamcast, Flash Games, and (of course) PSP, then the wait for this device will be so worth it. Otherwise, it'll just be a stripped down overpriced mini laptop...

you know, you could do some research before posting here.

Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:

Have done the research, and the data is very very clear... (all the above system emulators are rumors, no conclusive data. Especially in regards to the PSP emulator.)

aesir911 said:
Have done the research, and the data is very very clear... (all the above system emulators are rumors, no conclusive data. Especially in regards to the PSP emulator.)
No actually the 64, Dreamcast and PSP emulators are all currently being written by major members on the board, they're not rumors.
If you mean whether they'll run commercial games at full speed, well that's an entirely different issue.

aesir911 said:
Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:

no. none of the above systems are rumors. there is one video of n64 running with no audio from pickle. there have been two dreamcast videos. obviously there is no conclusive data of the psp emulator, but it is being worked on, not a rumor.

i don't even know why you'd think it would be a stripped down overpriced mini laptop without those systems.

@aesir911, the major thing you're missing is that Pandora is about far more than emulation. If that's all you want it for, that's cool, but there is more to it for other people.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

There's no rumors...

N64, Dreamcast, Flash, and PSP are all being worked on ... slowly.

And actually, the Pandora is pretty cheap as ARM UMPCs go. The N800 and N900 Internet tablets seem to be much more expensive, and have no nubs, although the N900 does at least have similar GPU hardware.

Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:
Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:

no. none of the above systems are rumors. there is one video of n64 running with no audio from pickle. there have been two dreamcast videos. obviously there is no conclusive data of the psp emulator, but it is being worked on, not a rumor.

i don't even know why you'd think it would be a stripped down overpriced mini laptop without those systems.

It would be a stripped down laptop, because the gpx wiz already exists, and it is not quite up to par with the average laptop...

Gruso said:
@aesir911, the major thing you're missing is that Pandora is about far more than emulation. If that's all you want it for, that's cool, but there is more to it for other people.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Or he's just another troll that we keep feeding.

emil10001 said:
Gruso said:

Or he's just another troll that we keep feeding.

not so much actually, I was just wondering if anyone had any credible sources/links about these emulators...

aesir911 said:
It would be a stripped down laptop, because the gpx wiz already exists, and it is not quite up to par with the average laptop...
it seems you do not really grasp the full concept of the pandora.

ok, i'll bite. what laptop can you fit in your pocket?

Xian Long said:
aesir911 said:
it seems you do not really grasp the full concept of the pandora.

ok, i'll bite. what laptop can you fit in your pocket?

The macbook air fits in a manila envelope :D . Besides that, the closest things are pdas, the ipod touch, and the smart q. In my opinion, this is an overblown example of what I think of the laptop aspect of the Pandora Handheld. The Sony Vaio P series is pretty close (has a dimension of like 26.5 cm x 14.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 4.8 x 9.7 x 0.8 inches)

aesir911 said:
not so much actually, I was just wondering if anyone had any credible sources/links about these emulators...
You've been given all the links! The forums, the wiki, and Pandorapress are where it all happens. Trawl through the Video Vault (linked from Pandorapress) and find all the emulation videos.

If none of this stuff is credible enough for you, there's nothing more we can do for you. I hate to be rude, but I really suggest you do more reading and less posting, just for a day or so.

Back