Pandora Help

Gamester81

Still Fresh
I received my Pandora recently and I'm experiencing the following problems.

• PocketSNES emulator doesn't have any sound (I've gone to the option screen to fix this, and it doesn't help). The other SNES emulators won't see to open.
  • How do you exit back to the main menu from the emulators? I can't figure out the command to do so.
  • Sony PSX emulator doesn't seem to want to open when I double click on it.
  • MAME emulator doesn't seem to open when I click on it.
  • TheGpSP (Game Boy Advance) emulator doesn't open when I click on it.
  • The MiniMenu dashboard is missing the "Game" tab so I'm unable to access any of my emulators on there.
  • The Coleco emulator goes to a black screen and doesn't open.
  • How do you load games using Dosbox?
  • Vectrex emulator isn't opening up when I click on it.

Thanks for your help and advice; I appreciate it,

-John

Where do you get your pnds from?

Some of those problems might be related to using too old versions.

Do you know this website?

http://repo.openpandora.org

It is the ressource with the most up to date applications. I suggest to download PNDManager first. It is a great tool to manage your pnds and keep them up to date.

Edit: If it still doesn't work, try to update/reflash the firmware and try again:

http://pandorawiki.org/Firmware

Last edited by a moderator:
to add to what mcobit said:

Where have you put the pnds on your SDCard and how do you try to launch them (via Thunar)? please see to this wiki page.

Are you trying to click on the desktop icons? Depending on your settings you may have to double click (difficult sometimes with sensitivity) or select the icon and press 'enter'

Use PCXS ReARMed and Snes9x4P. And yes, it's best to first install PNDManager so you can easily install and update stuff.

To quit (kill) an application you launched from the minimenu to go back to the menu, you can press the Pandora Button.

If something doesn't open when you start it, it's most likely an old outdated PND that for some reason no longer works. You can use PNDManager to update old stuff or remove it and install a newer/better alternative.

heh, lmgtfy:

http://www.google.com/m/search?q=How+do+you+load+games+using+Dosbox%3F

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Basic_Setup_and_Installation_of_DosBox

Using DOSBox is the same whether you are running it on a desktop PC or the Pandora. You need to put your DOS games in a directory somewhere on the host filesystem, then mount that directory as a drive within DOSBox, then switch to that drive (type the drive letter followed by a colon).

Good luck and feel free to ask for more clarification.

EDIT: And as to your issues with PNDs not starting: assuming you are using the XFCE desktop, either the PNDs are broken/outdated, or the system isn't registering your double-click. I fiound it is easiest to launch apps by clickig the pandora button to activate the "start menu", then navigate to the desired application shortcut using the DPad then launch with the Enter key.

I received my Pandora recently and I'm experiencing the following problems.

• PocketSNES emulator doesn't have any sound (I've gone to the option screen to fix this, and it doesn't help). The other SNES emulators won't see to open.
  • How do you exit back to the main menu from the emulators? I can't figure out the command to do so.
  • Sony PSX emulator doesn't seem to want to open when I double click on it.
  • MAME emulator doesn't seem to open when I click on it.
  • TheGpSP (Game Boy Advance) emulator doesn't open when I click on it.
  • The MiniMenu dashboard is missing the "Game" tab so I'm unable to access any of my emulators on there.
  • The Coleco emulator goes to a black screen and doesn't open.
  • Vectrex emulator isn't opening up when I click on it.

Thanks for your help and advice; I appreciate it,

-John

So have you figured it all out? Or are you still having issues

What MAME are you trying to run?

I recommend PanMAME. You have to run the program once, then after it creates the folders and files it needs to, you can go into the appdata folder, find the folder for panmame, then place your ROMS into the folder there. The next time you run MAME, those games should show up.

Keep in mind, the ROMS have to be in the proper MAME version type. I believe it is .106 for PanMAME but I could be mistaken as this is coming from the top of my head.

Hold ctrl and press escape key to exit most programs i believe.

Minimenu has a new create your own submenu thingy, could the games folder be concealed in another folder.

If the games tab really is not there its either a bug or you need to do a full re-flash.

The pandora has its quirks and eccentricities but give it time and you will get used to it.

If problems arise with emus sometimes its best to delete all appdata pertaining to the emu in the pandora/appdata folder.

Thanks guys for all of the advice, and it's been helpful. I've updated the emulators thanks to the link you guys provided, and I'm now using the manager program to load my emulators. I'm still not seeing any "Game" tab on the MiniMenu, and I'm not able to get any of the Sega CD roms, or PS1 roms to load. I also can't figure out how to exit the Pico program. I push and hold down the Pandora button, but nothing happens, and I've tried the ctrl exit, and that' doesn't do anything either unfortunately.

What format are your PS1 CD-Images ? Usually PCSX Rearmed gives an error message stating wether it "liked" the used format or not. If they are in bin/cue or eboot format you should not have any problems.

A member of the community assembled a small help file for the most common emulators, it should help you with your problems using the emulators

Back