Amiga Pnd And Other Emu Issues..

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Hello, just got my pandora this morning! Thing is, I haven't got an emualtor to work yet! When I click on the uae4all pnd, an image of the amiga boot screen just come up in a different window, it seems like the system can't open and run pnd's.....the spectrum emulator just does nothing when I click on it. These are in folders, should they be in the root? That seems a little messy to do that!??? Any help would be appreciated as there are no read me files like on the gp2x which used to be a great help in these situations....

In the root of your SD Card, you need to create a folder called pandora (all lower-case), and inside that, three more folders, named apps, desktop, and menu. You need to put your PNDs in one of these - "apps" will place items on both the desktop and in the menu, if memory serves.

NickLoTurco said:
You are a legend! I love this community! I'll try this when I get home tomorrow, hangover permitting! Have a good night everyone....
I've not been able to install this app as there is no .PND file to do so. The download is .pnd.zip format and I don't know how to configure this after extracting the .zip, there is no .pnd file present.

MAME & SNES are nice if you need a fix.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
In the root of your SD Card, you need to create a folder called pandora (all lower-case), and inside that, three more folders, named apps, desktop, and menu. You need to put your PNDs in one of these - "apps" will place items on both the desktop and in the menu, if memory serves.

Is it correct to assume you also need to create a folder called 'appdata' to place a related folder and Kickstart ROM in? - just going by ED's very recent post -

Put the kick.rom into /pandora/appdata/uae4all
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53709-amiga-emulation/page__view__findpost__p__861723

I'm afraid I don't know - I don't yet have my Pandora, I'm just reiterating what I've gathered from posts by skeezix and some other folks. I don't imagine that it would hurt to do so, though. :p

Where do the roms go? On the gp2x you used to have for instance, say, an AMIGA folder where you'd have the hacks and emulator, then folders within that for roms, kickstarts etc.....where do they go on the Pandora? Will the emu's allow you to search through the system to look for roms?

For those stuck with getting UAE4ALL running on the pandora

I've wrote a small basic tutorial to help get you started. I've only just figured it out myself so I thought I'd help pass on how I got it to run, you can find it HERE

Back