Beta Pandora Hotfix Pack 2 For Zaxxon

Paddy - i found the fix for the orage thing and posted it in the other thread - just make sure nothing is running when you reboot (including right-click and close the calendar icon in the taskbar), the tick the "Save Session for next logout" as your restart and orage should be gone.

Alternatively you can remove it from the "Startup and Session Manager" in the Session tab, just set the run to "Never"

I installed the hotfix... everything still works. (except my sound issue ;) )

EvilDragon said:
john4p said:
Successfully installed the package.
But in Display->Settings "Refresh rate" is 0 Hz - and it's the only selectable item in that combobox.
Can I execute this new 50/60Hz-script somewhere else to change the refresh rate?

Ahh, it's not included in the Display settings.
It's a script in /usr/pandora/scripts/ (forgot the actual name).
So far, it is mostly meant for emulation (i.e. SNES and Genesis can call that script when running a PAL rom).
When I find some time, I might make a GUI for desktop uses, too... though I'm not sure what for ;)
Ah, okay. Looking forward to having UAE4All call that script, too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
john4p said:
Successfully installed the package.
But in Display->Settings "Refresh rate" is 0 Hz - and it's the only selectable item in that combobox.
Can I execute this new 50/60Hz-script somewhere else to change the refresh rate?

Ahh, it's not included in the Display settings.
It's a script in /usr/pandora/scripts/ (forgot the actual name).
So far, it is mostly meant for emulation (i.e. SNES and Genesis can call that script when running a PAL rom).
When I find some time, I might make a GUI for desktop uses, too... though I'm not sure what for ;)
Thanks as I suspect this will also be nice for media playback. I.e pal recordings etc

EvilDragon said:
USB windows drivers needed ,i have looked into this and i am unsure there is even a driver avail ,there might not be one but it's really needed to save sd cards for sure.

Windows 7 has them included

hmm, or to put it another, slightly more accurate way, Windows 7 doesn't have them included.

I don't know if this is related to hotfix2 or not. But if I exit minimenu I lose windows decorations.

I boot into minimenu by default

hackmodford .. what do you mean? can you explain or provide screenshots?

ie, to be specific --

When the system runs minimenu as your default environment, it fires up a window manager (just in case you run a windowed app), and minimenu (which goes full screen and thus does not need the window manager.) If you then run another app (other than terminal), minimenu quits and runs the app (which gets the window manager if its not full screen.) So if you run a windowed app from minimenu, then minimenu has in fact quit, but your windowed app will have the window manager provided decorations. When that app exits, minimenu is launched again.

Wheny ou say 'exit minimenu', do you mean hitting Select -> Quit (in practice, you never need to do that) or hitting 'q' (same thing)? In which case, what do you expect to happen? :)

Or do you mean something else?

More specific report please :)

jeff

Okay pandora boots into minimenu... when I want to do something serious I hit select/ctrl and pick switch gui and go to the desktop mode. When I'm there if I try to open a window there are no decorations. and I can't remember what to use in terminal to restart windows decorations ;)

ah, okay; so you mean boot into minimenu, then switch gui to XFCE, and you're missing window decorations; interesting.. I'll try that right now :) ("Exit minimenu" wasn't specific enough, coudl mean anything :)

What do you mean by window decorations?

I just did it, and ran Terminal, and I get the 'x' in the top right, the '+', etc.

Did you pick a XFCE theme that hides decorations perhaps?

jeff

Just executed the new script op_lcdrate.sh with parameter '50' and then played Turrican in UAE4All with perfectly smooth 50Hz-scrolling.

This is incredible.

john4p said:
Just executed the new script op_lcdrate.sh with parameter '50' and then played Turrican in UAE4All with perfectly smooth 50Hz-scrolling.

This is incredible.
For lazy people, the 50/60 Hz switch could be App controlled so you set it in the program or emulator and it always uses the correct refresh rate. :) (i.e: Megadrive games: 50Hz PAL games, 60Hz NTSC games)
If you go back to the "Desktop" of course it always should reset the refresh rate to that what the OS needs...IF it needs a specific Hz value.

Installed and everything went okay. PDF reading rocks.

fonz1.jpg

fusion_power said:
For lazy people, the 50/60 Hz switch could be App controlled so you set it in the program or emulator and it always uses the correct refresh rate. :) (i.e: Megadrive games: 50Hz PAL games, 60Hz NTSC games)
If you go back to the "Desktop" of course it always should reset the refresh rate to that what the OS needs...IF it needs a specific Hz value.
Yes - and that's what just has been added to UAE4All today (I'm sure PicoDrive & Co. will follow - although I don't intend to play SNES or Genesis PAL games as they're usually 20% slower than the NTSC originals).

john4p said:

This is incredible.

Yeah - but you could've reported that the executable flag was not set here in the beta section :D

Last edited:
john4p said:

This is incredible.

Yeah - but you could've reported that the executable flag was not set :)

Last edited:
is the left LED turned permanently on RED after this 2nd hotfix?
i never had any LED action on the left hand side until this hotfix was installed...

Back