Pandora keeps crashing

kasp

Very Active Member
So the Pandora i received recently worked fairly well for the first day or two.

However this morning it crashed while I was playing final fantasy 7. So I booted it up again and it crashed again fairly shortly after. So I thought perhaps it was the game so I then tried to play a video and after a little while it crashed again. It just keeps on crashing after a few minutes of use.

The only way to get the unit working again is by taking out the battery and putting it in again. I checked to make sure it wasn't overclocked and it says it is running at 500mhz.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting the unit operational again or does it look like I am going to have to send it back?

What type of crash ? A freeze ?

What are your MHz@OPP settings ?

Did you try to reflash ?

How does this crashing manifests exactly, i.e. what happens? Freeze? Reboot?

The unit freezes, for instance when I was playing FF7 and it froze all I could hear was the last sound stuttering over and over again.

How do I find out the OPP settings? As for the Mhz it is at 500.

Have not tried a re flash yet.

Sounds ok.

Maybe try to reflash ?

Last edited by a moderator:

The unit freezes, for instance when I was playing FF7 and it froze all I could hear was the last sound stuttering over and over again.

Games do crash from time to time in emulators etc. also try a hard reset. Hold down the pandora button and slide the power button to the right. If problems persist outside a running program maybe try a reflash.edit a reflash should solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Games do crash from time to time in emulators etc. also try a hard reset. Hold down the pandora button and slide the power button to the right. If problems persist outside a running program maybe try a reflash.edit a reflash should solve the problem.

There's time to time and then there is crashing every few minutes. It occurs with games and videos.

Currently downloading the latest flash image, hopefully re-flashing fixes it.

Ok so I set it to the option that had OPP5 and that all Pandora's should support this on the start up wizard. I won't be able to test it until after work though. I might get a few frowns in the office if I start cranking FF7 now. :p

Yep. Frowns of jealousy,.....just one of the evils released upon opening Pandora`s Box. :p :p :D

Just,uhh....keep an eye on it constantly, ok?

...Patnik.

And please use the Pandorabutton + Powerswitch combination to reboot.

Taking the battery out everytime will hurt your batterycover over time.

Overclocking a bit might help as well. I run all PSX stuff at 600 MHz. Videos could need a bit more as well (depending on the video).

Back