Unit is still crashing

kasp

Very Active Member
So my Pandora is still crashing. Sometimes I will get a good run with it but the second it crashes it will crash over and over until I reflash the unit. It even crashes when I try and reflash it sometimes and usually takes a few attempts to get it working again.

I guess my Pandora is stuffed isn't it? :( Not sure what else I can do to get it working alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
By crash you mean it turns off completely?

Sounds like the battery might be loose (I believe Notaz suspects this as well). Try reseating the battery.

The device still has power so it is not battery related. As for shaking it seems to have no effect on it.

The device just freezes up completely not power off or restart. So whatever was last on the screen is what is frozen on the screen.

Bugrit! Millennium hand an' shrimp! Dubl postid!

Will it reset if you press pandora button and slide the power switch to the right? (after a crash, that is)

Will it reset if you press pandora button and slide the power switch to the right? (after a crash, that is)

Yes it will reset the majority if the time. I think a few times it hasn't been able to though.

What are your MHz/OPP settings ?

Tried them all.

500Mhz through to 800

OPP 3 and 5

You may try to boot under the command line interface (push R at power on), and wait for a crash.

Maybe some stuff will be displayed.

It's too random for it to make any meaning out of it.

Sometimes it will make it sometimes it won't.

Just now it has come up with Fixing recurive fault but reboot is needed. Rebooted it and now it has frozen at.

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dmrmference at virtua}al address 00008048

Rebooted again and it made it straight through to the login.

One more reboot and it has frozen at the selection screen where I can select to boot in CLI mode. Now it doesn't seem to want to reboot at all the screen has gone black and won't respond to the reboot. So I took the battery out and back in and now it is stuck on

udevd[713] wirjer [716] failed while handling '/devices/platform/omap_i2c.3/i2c-3/3-0066/input/inpu

Now it boots to the login again.

:/

Fetch an oscilloscope, preferrable an Agilent signal analyzer. They're only around 30000 if you're not too picky. Carefully attach to the memory bus (not easy since it's POP, but you'll do) and ... aaaah. Stop bugging this guy... :)

It's a rather very probable a hardware issue (memory would be my wild guess). Send it in for repair.

And plugged to AC, it does the same thing ?

Yeah it has done it plugged into the AC I am fairly sure. I remember when I first got the unit it was an absolute struggle to turn it on. Tried both batteries I had and had it plugged into the AC. Very similar to what happens when it freezes up and only a battery removal will get it online again come to think of it.

Well, seems we're at the end of the tests :/.

Michael Mrozek

OpenPandora GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

Back