Pandora Pandora Media Center

TheN0ble

Still Fresh
I am going to start to work on a Pandora Media Center program. I want to use the same functions and features that the xbox media center has. I will begin coding the user interface and post the executable and code to this forum. I will code everything in C. Does anyone else want to help?

Yes, I need help with icons. I will post a list of icons i need for the menu after I complete a basic design. Thank you.

TheN0ble said:
I am going to start to work on a Pandora Media Center program. I want to use the same functions and features that the xbox media center has. I will begin coding the user interface and post the executable and code to this forum. I will code everything in C. Does anyone else want to help?
There is a linux port of XMBC that you could probably just port to the Pandora since it's GL based.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm xbmc looks good, does anybody know the system req. ? if it passes that would be one heck of a media center!! or myth tv.

schnitzelboy said:
hmm xbmc looks good, does anybody know the system req. ? if it passes that would be one heck of a media center!! or myth tv.
XBMC does not have high system requirements. It can run on (was designed for) the original xbox, and that hardware isn't exactly beefy. I have no doubt that XBMC can run on Pandora, though without optimized codecs you're going to run into the same problems the Xbox has. You may have even more limitations on Pandora.

No problem. Im going to create the media center from scratch. On saturday I will post what I have so far. The icons I am going to need are: Programs, Video, Music, Pictures, Utilities, Settings. I will post the size I need on saturday. I have already create a splash intro and basic menu. The one question I do have is about the touchscreen. I never made a program for a touchscreen, I might need help there.

i was a little bored, so i thought Id throw this out here...

the background can be changed, or left as alpha.
I can provide pretty much any image format you'd like.
it was made in the style of winMCE, but I can do other styles too.
the jpeg artifacts wont be there when i find a something better than imageshack. lol.

progpmcyx9.th.jpg

let me know what you think.

the first icon wasnt iconny enough. also, i copied MCE too much.

in response, i now have a video icon that is pretty much a colorized and blurred VLC icon. uncreative, i know, but it looks pretty good. i can change colors too. i like the hue 215, its good.

videopmcvo9.png

also, not that i have done anything with touchscreens, but i imagine that if you program your mediacenter with cursors in mind, touch screen events *should* be very easy to include.

Ok, well I got off track on the weekend. But I did finish the splash intro and basic layout. Please tell me what you think, and as you will see, I need help with icons. I'm making the program in VB but will port over to Linux (vb to c#) Thank you.
Open Pandora Media Center

we get THAT, but why would you even bother to write it with the horrible monster that vb is in first place?

TheN0ble said:
I want to use the same functions and features that the xbox media center has.

That's a very ambitious project. XBMC is the result of many years of development from a good number of developers.

I will begin coding the user interface

But I did finish the splash intro and basic layout.

:lol:

No problem. Im going to create the media center from scratch.

Well then, what are your plans to overcome the limitations XBMC has?

I'm making the program in VB but will port over to Linux (vb to c#)

You are either a troll or you really have no idea what you are talking about.

I want to use the same basic idea the xbmc has. I don't want a complete clone, just you know how the xbmc is basically made. I know I only have the splash and basic layout but It's a start. I have a xbox with xbmc and I'm sure I can program just about anything the xbmc does. People port VB to C all the time, just google it and you will find plenty of information and free converters. I'm not a troll and I've posted what I have so far. Please tell me what you have contributed to OpenPandora el pocko?

TheN0ble said:
I want to use the same basic idea the xbmc has. I don't want a complete clone, just you know how the xbmc is basically made. I know I only have the splash and basic layout but It's a start. I have a xbox with xbmc and I'm sure I can program just about anything the xbmc does. People port VB to C all the time, just google it and you will find plenty of information and free converters. I'm not a troll and I've posted what I have so far. Please tell me what you have contributed to OpenPandora el pocko?
Errm, yes, it IS possible to port it or convert it... but it won't be very optimized which might lead to performance issues...

Last edited:
TheN0ble said:
I'm making the program in VB but will port over to Linux (vb to c#)

Is anyone planning to make a C# compiler for the Pandora?

TheN0ble said:
I know I only have the splash and basic layout but It's a start.

Starting such an ambitious project by programming a splash screen is ridiculous.

I have a xbox with xbmc and I'm sure I can program just about anything the xbmc does.

It seems you grossly underestimate the amount of work required to build something like XBMC.

People port VB to C all the time, just google it and you will find plenty of information and free converters.

The fact alone you're considering using Visual Basic to create a media center for the limited Pandora hardware is hilarious. But planning to convert the completed code to C (a language with completely different paradigms) is the funniest thing i heard in a while.

Back