Pandora Mk0 Devboard - Some Hires Videos

Wow, that was great! I hope the D-Pad on this thing is amazing, because watching Alpha 3 in HD is making me wet my pants in excitement to play some fighters. :D And that Quake II demo, simply astounding. Fragging n00bs in HD = Win!

Nightwheel said:
I'm downloading the 1080i one. I figure my computer's current resolution can handle it (1280x1024).

If not, I guess I'm downloading the 720p one next.
Also, Can I upload this video to youtube on my account?

720p is 1280*720 so getting the 1080i one is redundant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is what everyone has been waiting for. Maybe
now people will be satisfied :D I certainly am.

The reason the Pandora isn't in the case on the lower half is due to the LCD cable being slightly too long on the MK0, the rest does fit in there :)

Peter R said:
Nightwheel said:
I'm downloading the 1080i one. I figure my computer's current resolution can handle it (1280x1024).

If not, I guess I'm downloading the 720p one next.
Also, Can I upload this video to youtube on my account?

720p is 1280*720 so getting the 1080i one is redundant.

The 1080i video bob de-interlaced(VLC) and downscaled looks better than the 720P version.

anexanhume said:
I think this is what everyone has been waiting for. Maybe now people will be satisfied

For how long though?

(And yes before anyone asks, I'd like to see the GUI too - but I am happy to wait)

craigix said:
The reason the Pandora isn't in the case on the lower half is due to the LCD cable being slightly too long on the MK0, the rest does fit in there :)

Does that mean you've been able to assemble and use a the keyboard yet? Just wondering whether its been tested and what its like to use.

parag0n said:
The surface is like that because it is a rapid prototyped sample of the case. The final model will be smooth.

Nice videos ED :D
Cheers for the vids, that made my day!

I quite like the prototype case actually, I bet it would look pretty cool with all the keys in it - looks a bit like carbon fibre :)

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the back of the case as well actually, it always seems to be out of view in any pics we get to see.

Mistabeen said:
with such an attitude, you don't belong on a community that relies on open source and working together

whiskthecat said:
Kyosys said:
That was so cool. I think I'm gonna go to EDs house and try to steal the pandora
Put em on the list. :ph34r:

Mhmmm, I guess I could contact china and tell them to make me some bootlegs, you can have one of those. FOR THOUSAND DOLLARS

Nightwheel said:
I glad to see you guys already have linux running on the thing. This is very good news. Any chance that a GUI will be ready when it comes time to ship?
I think it has been running Linux for a good while and they already have some kind of GUI ready.

Back