Pandora motherboard upgrade cost?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
Quote from FAQ:

• The new Production in Germany by Global Components (early 2012) will have 512MB of RAM, partly because the 256MB PoP modules were no longer available.

• A motherboard upgrade swap will probably be available with the old boards being sold second hand as slightly cheaper Pandoras .

How much will a motherboard upgrade swap cost, if available?

I'd like to know about this as well. I am one of the early adopter's of the Pandora and I am finding the LCD cable is going on it, and The nubs are becoming less responsive.

I was thinking of sending the Pandora to ED and RE PURCHASE the NEW Pandora version. The Motherboard in in perfect working condition, but the new version is really desirable.

I live in the US, What would the cost be for a straight up replacement?

Thanks in Advance.

my mainboard is one of those "no wifi" boards, there is a power drain that could be related to faulty hardware I knowingly purchased.

I am thinking about removing the wifi chip to correct this, but I'm sure taking a soldering iron to my pandora would very much void my warranty, would like to know that I can purchase a replacement before proceeding if I botch the job.

would be interested in knowing if buying an upgraded replacement board + nubs is an option.

would prefer not to send the unit back due to shipping cost/time etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
my mainboard is one of those "no wifi" boards, there is a power drain that could be related to faulty hardware I knowingly purchased.

I am thinking about removing the wifi chip to correct this, but I'm sure taking a soldering iron to my pandora would very much void my warranty, would like to know that I can purchase a replacement before proceeding if I botch the job.

would be interested in knowing if buying an upgraded replacement board + nubs is an option.

It might be possible to kill the wifi in software, or just cut a single pin of the chip to kill the power in hardware, I don't think you will need to remove the chip.

New boards - there will be an announcement at the end of May covering much of this.

It might be possible to kill the wifi in software, or just cut a single pin of the chip to kill the power in hardware, I don't think you will need to remove the chip.

New boards - there will be an announcement at the end of May covering much of this.
Do you or anyone else have more info on things to try for actually killing wifi in software?

Lest non reverseable fix possible would be preferred.

If it comes to hardware mod, can someone point out the wifi chip on the a board and possibly which lead would be the best to snip instead of removing the entire chip?

Looking forward to more info on replacement board availability also

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Back