Pandora not charging via USB

Ian J

Advanced Member
I use my Pandora at work for music, most days I have to plug it in via USB to make it through the day.

Today though it won't charge, I've taken the battery out for 30 minutes and still the same.

When I plug the USB lead in the red light comes on for a few seconds then goes off again.

Any other things I can try before I get home and try the mains charger?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the Xfce charge plugin reports the estimated remaining time, or 00:00 ?

Yes,

It started to shut down with 4:02 and since then whenever I plug the USB in the Pandora re-boots with 0:00

Damn now I just broke a clip on the battery cover.

I will add though it was on charge the whole day today so I have no idea why it's just stopped charging.

I will add though it was on charge the whole day today so I have no idea why it's just stopped charging.

Could it be that the battery is in fact fully charged, just not reporting this correctly? Do you have any way to test the voltage of the battery?

Also try charging with the dedicated AC charger / PSP Charger (not USB).

PS Superglue fixed my broken battery cover tab just fine.

Well the Pandora charged last night via it's charger but this morning it still won't charge via USB from PC, battery is currently at 90% so may last me the day.

The PC is switched off overnight so if it was a glitch in the PC I'm sure it would have reset by now.

Any clues, could it be a loose connection on the USB port? Is there any setting on the Pandora I may have accidentally changed?

I'll have to try and find a different USB lead and give that a go.

I've had bad USB cables that just don't allow the Pandora to charge with it.. not sure that's what is going on, but it could be a possibility.

Try using different USB ports (ex. front as opposed to ports at the back). My work PC won't charge the Pandora from the ports at the back, only from the front ports. Seems the back USB ports are on a different USB controller that does not give sufficient power to charge the Pandora.

Back