Pandora -or- Netbook : Problem Solved

Mark Watson

Still Fresh
I've been dithering for ages, wondering whether a Pandora or a netbook was next on the list for my gadget buying. I was thinking of maybe buying a £400+ tablet netbook (Vye or Koji), but in the end opted for the 'free netbook' deal with mobile broadband here in the UK.

PC World are offering their Advent 4211 (a branded MSI Wind) 'free' with a £20 a month mobile broadband sub. As I was thinking of getting a mobie broadband anyhow, then this is a genuinely free deal. I'm using the Advent now, and can recommend it 1gb RAM, 80gb hard disk, 10" screen, perfick for all the serious stuff.

Which leaves my pocket money available for the Pandora for some emulation and mp3 fun.

Which is nice.

M

is there a point to all this? just saying it? why isnt their a pinned topic for 'Idle Pandora Chatter' or 'Pandora Questions"

There isn't a point to 80% of discussion in this forum. People have been mentioning netbooks a lot recently, so lighten up.

But this is a Pandora forum, so PoisonedV has a point. He's being polite. The topic is certainly 'off topic' at best. I have nothing against the OP (Hi, Mark), but there are many irrelevant topics. If an ordinary topics gets derailed and goes into irrelevant (if fun) posts it gets locked. Perhaps there should be a 'Pandora Questions and Chatter Thread' stickied.

I like the way PV makes sentences and places links in them to help prove his point. he did it to me with

"go easy on him? seriously?"

but he does have a point.

All you idiots stop whinging. He's sharing a sweet deal. The Advent is an amazing little computer, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to use their pc on the move, it's very powerful for such a small thing!

EDIT: And if anyone says "That's what she said", I will hunt them down.

craigix said:
Damn, I wish we could get the Pandora signed up to a deal like that with a mobile provider.

*cogs turning*
You can. At least in the US you can set up a "Free (anything) with 2 year contract!" deal. If you set yourself up as a distributor for the telco, you can take the kickback money they hand out when someone signs their soul away and use it for anything. That's the money that usually pays for the "free" handset when you buy from the telco directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Damn, I wish we could get the Pandora signed up to a deal like that with a mobile provider.

*cogs turning*
Blag attempt of the day - go into every phone shop offering a free laptop on contract deal and say "I don't want that laptop, can I get a cheque?"

We Brits seem to have lost the ability to haggle nowadays :(

Peter R said:
Nova said:
All you idiots stop whinging. He's sharing a sweet deal.
Something about their name and your defensiveness is fishy...

What?

Chip said:
craigix said:

*cogs turning*
You can. At least in the US you can set up a "Free (anything) with 2 year contract!" deal. If you set yourself up as a distributor for the telco, you can take the kickback money they hand out when someone signs their soul away and use it for anything. That's the money that usually pays for the "free" handset when you buy from the telco directly.I'm sure you could if you approached the right reseller. They are always offering free PS3/Wii/hooker/360/Laptop or whatever. But it would likely depend on what price you could do them for...

Back