Pandora Pandora Panic

I should be able to do the firefighter achievement icon once the background is done. If someone wants to do that, that would be great. But assuming otherwise, could you guys at least throw some ideas my way.

Fusion_power's stuff sounds good to me. I suppose it's down to Pickle and the release schedule to determine if we use it or not. We're going to need to know this before the background can be done.

Just bumping the topic a very tiny update to assure people that work is still being done. Im mainly working on Panjoust (the full game) but that will benefit the minigame as well (and probably some of my others as well soon since some classes are shared)

Also, PokeParadox is still very hard at work behind the scenes making Penjin and the PP framework even smoother and easier to use, as well as improving platform independancy (sweet stuff should be coming...).

Finally, updates and new minigames are still welcome!! so (beginning) programmers, don't hesitate to post here or PM me. If the pandora release can't be made for your minigame, the appstore will probably provide easy updating for everyone :)

Cheers!

Just a little status update to say that I'm still alive and well, and trying to update things in both Penjin and PandoraPanic!

I've managed to clear off a couple of remaining bugs this morning.
Infinite loop bug in SpellingContest and the other infinite loop you could get in OneButtonBandit

All I need now is a day to sit down peacefully to sit and push out RC3 builds. I really want to put the "Release" stamp on this! :)

Just dropped by to let anyone listening know, that Pickle got a more recent video of PP! running on HW.
Seems the sound issue has gone (tweaked buffer size).
The game seems to be performing well.
The keyboard doesn't currently seem to work...

But things look good! PP! is featured at the end of the vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just finished all of the achievement icons. Apart from some tiny bugs (not affecting gameplay - mostly cosmetic) everything is done now.

A RC3 is near.

Here are some pics of the icons:

foxblock out

i had not tested it for a while, looking amazing!!

And sorry for my lack of participation last couple of months. But panjoust just got a LOT bigger than expected (at least this quickly), and took just about all my free time.

Anyway, i should do the final changes/bugfixes for my games soon then. Still some small things im not happy about.

Cheers

foxblock said:
Here are some pics of the icons:

foxblock out

Looks good, achievements can be very motivating, actualy the only reason why I play WoW frome time to time XD.
But I would make the graphics a little bit more "noble". For example the Background of finished achivements could be look like gold and could be more "solid" with a border, frame or something like this. :) So it is more easy and nicer to see, what you've done and what's still open. ;)

Hehe, yeah I guess the achievements are pretty basic (read ugly), but I kept it simple for two reasons:
  • Easier to spot status (as you can see the whole background is used as a progress bar on how much you already completed of this achievement - a nice effect imo)
  • Laziness - Easier to implement (There will be a function to change the background in the future, just did not get around to implement that)
I think one can easily see what's done and what's not, but your idea would make it even more obvious and most important more pretty. I will consider that in the future when I get around again to work on the code (I wanted to get it done and working first and foremost).

Also, we are always open for additional achievement ideas, some games still don't have any at all. Just don't expect them to be included in the next release ;)

foxblock out

Quietly passed the time and quietly came a RC3, unannounced by the great master.

So I decided to go ahead and announce that here, so the hard work put into it does not go unnoticed.

You can download the RC3 for different platforms (Win,Linux and Pandora...uuuh) here:
http://projectinfini...es:pandorapanic

Or you can stay for a while and enjoy me singing some Bob Dylan songs....er telling you what's new:
  • Achievements! (with icons!)
  • Mute button
  • Exit and Title screen buttons for the people panicking while playing the game (it happens...)
  • Bug fixes (a lot!)
  • More C++ code based love
Anyway, enjoy the RC3, while passing the last days without a Pandora and then enjoy it even more when you will finally get one.
Also feel free to thank PokeParadox for his work on making this all possible and staying up until 2am to get this build out of the door!
Additional thanks go to all the other project members involved who made the great minigames you can see in this collection or helped making these by supplying graphics and music!

Have fun playing!

foxblock out

EDIT: Report any bugs you find (should not happen) either in this topic or here: http://code.google.com/p/pandorapanic/issues/list
Thank you for your help!

We have a release video:

Enjoy and leave a comment!

foxblock out

foxblock said:
We have a release video:
(video)

Enjoy and leave a comment!

foxblock out

Generally very nice! In-game sound effects could make it better though. Insert to proper situations when needed. For example an explosion :)

Butterman said:
Awesome, except. You spelt heroes wrong :(

Oh damn and nobody noticed until now, that's why I let people watch it before I upload... -.-
...well at least I spelt it correctly in my script, d'oh

Just a very quick post. Still waiting for an RC3 test... it seems my libs are not in sync with latest firmware images... so some linking issues need resolving to run it.

Apart from that this is a just a heads up that I'm rather preoccupied since the Chielean earthquake occured... My girlfriend's hometown was hit hard and communications are still down after several days. I know she was ok after the quake but not heard anything since... Anyway my mind is not tranquil and so I can't concentrate on things and so I thought I should let you guys know what's going on.

EDIT: She IS fine... and I'm back to normal! Hopefully she'll be joining me in the UK shortly. :)

Why not update the thread :)

Poke and I have been working on the last outstanding bugs in the pandora build, its getting close. A couple more things to fix up and the pandora build should be pretty solid.

Back