Pandora Pandora Panic

Pickle said:
Why not update the thread :)

Poke and I have been working on the last outstanding bugs in the pandora build, its getting close. A couple more things to fix up and the pandora build should be pretty solid.

Yup, that sounds like Poke. Creating wonders in the background. I updated from the svn lately and was surprised about the number of fixes/updates/etc. Great job guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are on it:
There also is a new game: Test Your Sight (You might know where it's from)
It's basically just a shell game, though ;) Also needs some difficulty tweaking... when I find the time again...

foxblock out

MarkoeZ said:
Pickle said:
Why not update the thread :)

Poke and I have been working on the last outstanding bugs in the pandora build, its getting close. A couple more things to fix up and the pandora build should be pretty solid.

Yup, that sounds like Poke. Creating wonders in the background. I updated from the svn lately and was surprised about the number of fixes/updates/etc. Great job guys!
In all honesty... it's been one thing after another, so the work I have done has just been committed and left as that. I hope life stay a little more normal and then I can keep regular updates going.
Also these Pandora build bugs... obviously there is only so much I can do without having HW, so a lot have fixing has been by Pickle himself, since I just can't reproduce the faulty behaviour. It's a process and I'm glad this collab can and is happening otherwise these bugs would more than likely just remain until I get my own Pand. Anyway a public thanks goes to Pickle since he's just been great. :)

Anyway as Pickle says it shouldn't be too long now, a few niggles but with some collective thinking we are getting there!

Please no CD for anything pandora related, include a small SD card for such things if necessary. I don't even have any optical drives anymore and it would be a pain in the ass to get access to a computer to actually get the files of the disk ;). An SD Card could just be put in the pandora and you'd be done.
But yeh I'm also wondering wether this will ship with the pandora.
Actually.. I wonder what is pre-installed on the image which ships with the pandora - might be worth a new thread.

I think it has been stated before that there will be an accompanying CD with each Pandora, although what exactly will be on it... who knows? :)
It is still unknown about wether or nor PP! will be bundled on the software CD(along with some other choice homebrew) because...
  • The remaining bugs affect gameplay and there some games are pretty unplayable.
  • Creating the CD is the last step and is easy in comparison to the building of the Pandoras.
  • It is still not settled what will be bundled on that CD.
But I have discussed it previously with ED and well, it would be nice if the game was immediately available to all Pandorderers.
It's almost certain that it will not be on the NAND, that is better used to house the OS/Firmware and the game has become fairly big in terms of music and such.

OK guys, it's took some time, but we've got there. We have a Pandora build of PP! running pretty damn stable on Pickle's devboard.
I'm just going to bed right now, but I will try to get a packaged build uploaded for those with hardware to test before I go to work tomorrow.
Good night for now!

Now that it's running on the Pandora, does that mean some games are still buggy, or did the bugs get fixed when you got the engine to run correctly on the Pandora?

DasFool said:
Now that it's running on the Pandora, does that mean some games are still buggy, or did the bugs get fixed when you got the engine to run correctly on the Pandora?
Most bugs we know of got fixed over time. There are only two left according to the issue tracker ( http://code.google.com/p/pandorapanic/issues/list ), but these do not affect gameplay.
Some games still need some difficulty tweaking, though, but this best is done after some people test-play them and give us feedback (i.e. after the Pandora release).

foxblock out

Awesome, can't wait to finally see all of our creations on the Pandora itself. PP! is going to be the first game I play on my Pandora for sure!

DasFool said:
I can't promise that you'll have a bug-free experience, but... We have fixed many serious bugs. Most of which also appeared in the PC builds. The slowest bug-fixing has been Pandora specific problems since I obviosly don't have HW to do testing. Some of these problems included control layout, buttons not working correctly, rotations breaking... very frustrating to fix, but as I've mentioned before Pickle has been excellent in debugging and brainstorming possible fixes.

Any bugs that do remain are either minor(do not effect gameplay) or we just can't think of a solution for them yet...
But anyway, I have some last minute checks and then some final RC4 testbuilds to push out!

EDIT: This will be a bit longer due to my weekend shifts... and a couple of last minute bug fixes.

Wow... triple post... but I present RC4 testbuilds: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/47142-pandorapanic-all-new-testbuilds/page__view__findpost__p__846601

Ok, ill update it here as well. Found out that the dev section has some users that don't visit the beta test forum regularly.

PandoraPanic! has it's first final Release builds!!! ;)

foxblock said:
Don't forget you have to get the binaries for your system as well as the data files to get this running.

In case you have an old installation, please delete it entirely before extracting the new one (don't place the new files over the old) or you will run into problems regarding the achievement and highscore system.

Also, if you have any comments about the achievements (don't work as intended, too hard, too easy) or have a new idea for an achievement, please let me know and I will work on it!
But I guess this discussion should take place in the original topic then: http://www.gp32x.de...-pandora-panic/

Have fun with the new builds!

foxblock out

Edit: Now I have bumped PokeParadox' comment... so here is a quote:
PokeParadox said:
The builds are up: http://projectinfini...panic#downloads

So there we are. The builds should be final final final. But if you come across major problems... then obviously let us know.
A PND will be provided shortly... but now I have to go pull some pints at work...

AAAAAAAAAaaaaannnnnnnd... I've built 32b Ubuntu 10.04 builds on my eeepc too.

PokeParadox said:
And now the PND file is out: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,59

Also on the PandoraPanic Wiki

this makes me happy :)

Cheers!!

P.S.: Was the original pxml working? i made the one that was in the svn a while ago, and am using an updated version for Panjoust. just curious :)

Since the game is mini-game based, I think you should definitely recompile so that the main running code is there, but the mini-games are pulled from the internet on an update. So, one could submit a mini-game every now and then (since they don't take too long to code in the first place) and have it be approved and in the game by the end of the week (or whatever). Could this work?

^ Not on the current code base. The games are hard coded in. What you are suggesting would require some kind of plugin system, which would be a bit difficult to integrate to the current code. If someone makes one though, I'm all for it :)

Back