Pandora Press Reviews

Adding that little slight does make exophase appear cooler for having an attitude, in a "rebel without a cause" sort of way.

craig, it sucks to be "The Man", doesn't it?

craigix said:
I didn't see this in the original thread but I'm getting very tired of his constant little slights and the way he can twist situations like this.

We absolutely intended to pay him to do work but as he said, he got a job. So instead we paid someone else to do work and got nothing.

Maybe Exophase would like to expand on his '(lolz, yeah right)' comment? Maybe he is suggesting some kind of dishonesty he would like to bring in to the open? I think we should all be told.
you're not in good mood today.
Are there any problem ? :D ---> []

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
craigix said:
I didn't see this in the original thread but I'm getting very tired of his constant little slights and the way he can twist situations like this.

We absolutely intended to pay him to do work but as he said, he got a job. So instead we paid someone else to do work and got nothing.

Maybe Exophase would like to expand on his '(lolz, yeah right)' comment? Maybe he is suggesting some kind of dishonesty he would like to bring in to the open? I think we should all be told.
you're not in good mood today.
Are there any problem ? :D ---> []

He does have it about him!

craigix said:

Did you pay DJWillis? Did you pay notaz? Did you pay pickle, cpasjuste, skeezix, or anyone else except the guy you keep talking about having bailed on you? Because last I heard you haven't, despite all this talk about eventually paying them for making Pandora software happen. Last I heard from DJWillis was constant talk about money and no money. So please, please correct me if you eventually put them on payroll, but let's say you did, it must have been a little late coming. So yeah, that guy you eventually hired, like a year later.. the one done in response to frustration/concern due to a big todo list not being notched off, right? I wonder, if the Pandora software team did get that stuff done would you have been talking about pay?

Yeah, I eventually did get a job... in the mean time you ignored any inquiry I had about the vague arrangement you had in mind, just a little hard to take seriously when you hadn't been paying anyone else to do software up to that point.

I don't know exactly what happened there, but I also told notaz, skeezix, DJWillis, etc. to share them some money as soon as I can afford it (later batches).
I still want to do that.
Nobody really reacted on that, though, I'm not sure they all WANT to be paid by us.

They're all really nice guys (and I consider them as good friends now, when I think how much we talked in IRC since the last half a year), and I'm not sure they would take any money until we really have covered all our costs.

And if they were told they'd be paid for this as a job back in 2008 they would have probably looked back on it with the same "lolz yeah right" reaction I just did...

Exophase, step back a bit. Please, I implore you.

The whole project could 'obviously be being done a lot better', but there also comes a point where you have to stop questioning everything and start looking at yourself for your own answers, instead.

What are you here for? To criticize and panic and alert tha' mobz, serve justice to *ALL* wrong-do'ers, ever, .. or .. you know .. to have some fun?

The Pandora is a wonderful device.

Look, its quite simple. The BOX is opened. Are you gorging yourself on its contents, tripping up its creator, or willfully splurging out a new stream of nifty stuff .. ?

PS- wtf, eh, these are *games* machines, for *fun*. and not yet profit! this is a *fun* place to play wacky games with our liddle combudas .. not Judge Exophase, Room 101.

Or is it.

Alright, OP white knight chief torpor, let's review what's actually happened in this thread:

I said several days ago "lolz yeah right" at the suggestion of being paid in 2008 to work on Pandora software.

This was quoted now and craigix pulled it out, saying he was tired of my comments and demanded I explain myself.

So I did. And that's all. I'm not posting to attack Pandora. I'm the one being forced to defend myself.

So what exactly is YOUR problem? Stop being so pitifully reactionary and pay more attention.

The situation shouldn't be overdramatized. I understand what Exo wanted to say and it's unfortunate that the original quote has been posted again out of context. The poster apologized though and so everyone should just move along.

So what exactly is YOUR problem? Stop being so pitifully reactionary and pay more attention.

Reactionary? Pay more attention? Exophase, the point is this: I don't wanna have to keep tripping over your hostile reactions every time someone says or does something that even might have the chance to piss you off .. its really tiresome observing your continual moral crusade for superiority. Why don't you use some humility next time someone does something that you think is slighting you, and just ignore it or participate in such a way that makes everyone a winner, not just yourself?

Couldn't you see why a total stranger like me is more interested in your products than your rants? I've read your posts for a few years now, and it seems to me when you've actually gotten something done and out there, you're happy, but when you're not working on anything of interest .. you rant. And rant.

What you need - acknowledgement from your peers and community - isn't going to come from taking craigix down in some moralistic flame-laden thread of glory. What you need, is a few new releases or two. Or three. And your adoring fans, myself included, will be ready for you ..

torpor said:
Couldn't you see why a total stranger like me is more interested in your products than your rants? I've read your posts for a few years now, and it seems to me when you've actually gotten something done and out there, you're happy, but when you're not working on anything of interest .. you rant. And rant.

Ok, sure, but in this particular case, Craigix did actually ask him to explain his position on the matter. You can't slam him for doing so.

He wasn't even involved in this thread until Craigix asked him to explain himself.

@torpor
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. I still remember some serious flamewars you initiated regarding PND and repo.
Exophase felt being treated unfair so he commented. You are totally not involved in this.
It makes me sad to two capable devs fighting each other, so please stop now, thanks.

I diverted my real post to a PM to a random person. I was going to sleep on it, but I probably wouldn't be able to sleep like this. I think it's meaningful that I do say my piece on this, and I at the very least feel entitled to. So I'll take a nice deep breath and try to say this as cordially as possible:

torpor, I don't care about earning your good favor. Or that of anyone else here. You say that I need acknowledgement from this place, but that couldn't be further from the truth. What I need in life is something that no one here would ever be capable of giving me. I do actually have some interest in developing something that I think will be useful to people, but this couldn't be further removed from trying to win respect. Likewise, when I "rant" I'm not trying to impress anyone, I'm not trying to protect anything, I'm not even trying to be looked at as "right" on anything. I'm just putting in words the things that I'm thinking. And you might prefer I didn't, but for someone like me staying too silent becomes a little too disconnected and lonely. I actually do make some effort to not attack people and to stick to talking about issues at hand - of course I prefer to talk about technical items (and have learned a lot in doing so) but various things come up and it's all a form of engagement for me.

Seeing me as having any kind of moral agenda is your particular perception. You're probably still on me for that one thread where I had at you. That thread, like this one, was a result of me being defensive, over not really appreciating being told how I should be using my Pandora, how I'm not doing my part in not generating output. When I told you what I did about having two Pandoras it wasn't because I was calling you immoral, it was because I was trying to using an analogy to get you off our back in showing you're no different. I really don't think you ever really got this.

Now, what you said about developing. I said I'd hold back here, but I have to be frank. I'm not sure you could really be more rude or out of line with your comments. You have absolutely no business telling me that there's something inadequate with how I'm releasing software. Furthermore, if you had any idea of the blood and sweat I've put into what I've worked on over the last year..... I can't even put into words how I feel about the assertion that I'm not working on anything "of interest." I don't talk about what I work on, but I have good reasons for it, and this is my prerogative. I don't deserve to be treated like this, least of all by someone to whom I owe nothing.

Frankly, in spite of what I get out of the community and the great number of people I respect here it's things like this that make me feel like never saying or doing anything related to any of this again.
I'll be the first to admit I can't finish my projects at the rate other people can theirs. While many of you can come home after a long day at work and give full output to your own things my brain is far too scrambled to really accomplish this reliably. So I do my best.

Getting back on topic, I've added a link to my Pocket Gamer review to the first post.

It's also here, too: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Mobile/Pandora/hardware_review.asp?c=22258

If any kind admin wants to edit the topic title to something like "Pandora Press Reviews" that would be good.

Classic Team said:
I liked the review, it seemed honest about both the positives and negatives of the device and it was written well.

Also:

Looks like a turd to me!

Who wants to bet this guy didn't even read the article? :p

yep, through for commercial review 15 hours should be used as autonomy, as all other device mention their maximum autonomy. using a fair and realisticle autonomy will do no good as most reader will expect 6hours autonomy when reading this review

Back