Pandora Price In Usa

computarman

Still Fresh
What will price for the Pandora be for people living in the USA? If it's just a conversion from British Pounds of 199.00 then that means $399.

No, because £199 includes 17.5% value added tax. Once you get rid of that, it turns out a lot closer to $330.

Lineus said:
How much will it cost?
Around £199 (inc VAT), $330, Euro212 (Ex.VAT).

from www.openpandora.org

I hope it's not $399! :blink:

Looking at it very closely, I don`t think it says $399.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the US dollar is worth less and less everyday the Pandora will probably cost $50,000.73 after converting from GBP when it comes out

LOL

Btw,. here it says 286 euros (http://pandora.bluwiki.org/)
But even converting the VAT 199 pounds price to euros it's around 250.

Whatever I just got hired in a job that pays for the first time in my life and now I can finally buy several hardware I always wished but never could :). I am really hot to get the Pandora in my hands no matter if it's 250 or 300 euros. I WANT!

:)

Price in the US shouldn't change much should it since it's the origin of Pandora (?) and development costs follows the same market, it's more a question of the price in Europe depending on the value of the dollar as I'm assuming that the original price will be set in dollars against the current US market and the strength of the $ and then converted ti £ and euro and tax/shipping ect added?

Some parts of the Pandora may be made in the US, but Craig is in the UK, and the Pandora isn't going to be made in the UK or US.

So the first price will be UKP, and then converted to USD and the rest.

trooper said:
Lineus said:
How much will it cost?
Around £199 (inc VAT), $330, Euro212 (Ex.VAT).

from www.openpandora.org

I hope it's not $399! :blink:

Looking at it very closely, I don`t think it says $399.

Trooper

**was well aware, just making a statement**
I am the one who quoted it, after all. ;)

Squidge said:
Some parts of the Pandora may be made in the US, but Craig is in the UK, and the Pandora isn't going to be made in the UK or US.

So the first price will be UKP, and then converted to USD and the rest.
Ah ok that will be bad, specially for people in the US unless the dollar really goes up ^^

212 without VAT and 286 with VAT? That's a bit too far.
Also converting the 199Pounds with VAT price to euros it's around 250euros.
Or am I doing something wrong?

Optimus said:
212 without VAT and 286 with VAT? That's a bit too far.
Also converting the 199Pounds with VAT price to euros it's around 250euros.
Or am I doing something wrong?
Check the official web page. It's only 286 euros on some unofficial pages (for some strange reason).

Since different EU countries have different VAT rates, wouldn't it be easiest to only quote a pre-VAT price? Here in the US we have different sales tax rates for each state, so nobody ever quotes post-tax prices since they're always different depending on where you live.

I know traditional sales tax and VAT are not exactly the same thing. I'm just trying to avoid confusion.

EDIT: I just read a bit further into how the VAT system works. I didn't realize that when an individual orders something from another country they are responsible for paying the VAT to the country of origin, not the destination. State sales tax in the US works the other way around. So anybody in the EU ordering directly from Craig would be paying the same post-VAT price, regardless of where they live. Anybody buying a Pandora at a local shop would pay a different price based on their local VAT rate.

Chip said:
Anybody buying a Pandora at a local shop would pay a different price based on their local VAT rate.
And no, this isn't a moment when we get to rave against UK's strange, money-devouring tax system. ;)

Back