Psx Emulator Compatible With Redump.org Images?

gibberish

redump is a project that aims to dump all optical media based console games in a way that is as close to the original disc as possible.
as such, ps1 games with cd audio get dumped as a cue sheet with multiple bin file for the audio and game, like so:

WipEout (USA) (Track 1).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 2).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 3).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 4).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 5).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 6).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 7).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 8).bin
WipEout (USA) (Track 9).bin
WipEout (USA).cue

will the pandora emulator support these? epsxe does not. if you load the cue sheet straight into epsxe the game will play without the audio files. the only way round it is to mount the image via something like daemon tools first.

its not a deal breaker, but it'd be nice if they were supported.

edit: for anyone who doesnt know, redump only provide the hashes for dumped discs, not the actual discs so you wont find anything illegal if you go to their site.

http://cdemu.sourceforge.net/index.php#news

This allows you to mount almost any cd image format, including .bin/.cue. However it requires a kernel module. I am not sure how that will be handled in the Pandora.

I'm pretty sure a single bin and cue can already do this kind of thing, keeping the red book audio intact. The cue file would look something like the following:

Code:
FILE "game.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 01:08:73
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 01:16:40
    INDEX 01 01:18:40

CDRWin used to do this for me.

DasFool said:
I'm pretty sure a single bin and cue can already do this kind of thing, keeping the red book audio intact. The cue file would look something like the following:

Code:
FILE "game.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 01:08:73
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 01:16:40
    INDEX 01 01:18:40

CDRWin used to do this for me.

whether or not there is a better way to dump games is not the question - my archive is in redump format - and given that they have been doing this for years i am willing to take a bet that theyve found the most accurate way to dump games.

my question is whether or not the psx emulator will support this format, out of the box or otherwise.

ta

Last edited by a moderator:
An ooold post from Zod:

zodttd said:
Currently psx4pandora supports all raw ripped games, such as CloneCD, .BIN/.CUE types. It also supports PocketISO compressed images (.Z and .ZNX currently). Tinnus and I have thought about adding PSP EBOOT or CSO support.

(I believe Eboot is now supported too).

Gruso said:
An ooold post from Zod:

zodttd said:
Currently psx4pandora supports all raw ripped games, such as CloneCD, .BIN/.CUE types. It also supports PocketISO compressed images (.Z and .ZNX currently). Tinnus and I have thought about adding PSP EBOOT or CSO support.

(I believe Eboot is now supported too).

Are you saying that this supports PSP images or just the EBOOT format PSX images, the latter I guess?

korky said:
Cest la vie, one can live in hope :p
There's nothing to say it won't be enhanced to use them. If there is either enough demand, or someone willing to do it (I don't recall if it isopen sourced or not though, Gruso, do you recall what Zodttd decided?)

Back