Pandora Questions And Answers

Paradox said:
I guess we have a release date then: 1st of January!

First of January is a bank holiday. There's not a hope in hell of your Pandora being delivered on that date, so you may as well cancel on the 31st December.

Last edited by a moderator:
You ordered late in the first batch, so even if we are optimistic and assume that 1000 people manage to get it before Christmas (an assumption that you probably wouldn't make), you've still got practically 0 chance of getting it before January 1st. So why not just cancel your order now and save us the trouble? ;)

How long is the tv-out cable? And if for some reason I wanted a tv out cable that is longer then what is provided could you use some sort of extension cable thingy to extend it?
While I probably will use my computer monitor most of the time so a 1m long cable will be fine, my couch is about 3.5m from the tv.

Gruso said:
The ends are male, so you'll be able to use regular male-to-female AV extension cables for more length.
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds dirty? AV cable threesome. Don't forget you can use couplers if you want a male to male cable connection... that's how I extended my reach, around the room to my TV, it was a 3 part AV male-to-male coupler. (I suddenly feel very dirty). Anyway it was like a buck at the store.

Edit: Since it is easier to find male-male AV cables, a coupler is probably the more likely scenarios. This is the sort of coupler I use... (SFW).

BackAssward said:
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds dirty?
No, your not, but you should get over it fairly quickly. Male/female are probably the least dirty words we could use to describe that. After all, we could be calling that coupler a triple cunted hooker!

That's probably the best reference I've ever made.

Mr.Confuzed said:
BackAssward said:
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds dirty?
No, your not, but you should get over it fairly quickly. Male/female are probably the least dirty words we could use to describe that. After all, we could be calling that coupler a triple cunted hooker!

That's probably the best reference I've ever made.

phoca_thumb_l_All%20connectors%20fit%20well.jpg

Can the Pando run Gunstar Heroes at 60fps? Im running Kega in Windows with 1G ram and 2.4Gz Pentium and it chugs a little. I cant seem to crack past 50fps. Is there a benefit to emulation running in Linux?

I wouldn't guess at numbers, but PicoDrive is a close to flawless emulator. Want to see Sonic at 200fps? :p

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8HhIt8A-d34 (from 2:00)

Good performance has less to do with the operating system and more to do with how well the code is optimised for the platform it's running on. Something Notaz is rather good at. ;)

Under "Emulation Questions", someone asked if they can emulate N64 games.

It looks like this has been done. Or does this not qualify?

edit:

Also, would the factory shipped OS be available for download once the Pandora's ship, or do we need to make our own backups?

A OS Question:
How easy will it be to install a new OS in the NAND and reinstall the original xfce if it's not satisfactory?
Will this be even possible? =X

Near-kun said:
A OS Question:
How easy will it be to install a new OS in the NAND and reinstall the original xfce if it's not satisfactory?

Yes I believe this was always the intention to be able to install other OS's but the preferred route from what I gather is not to install over the NAND in case you brick it, and instead install the other OS on the SD cards and use a boot loader to choose.

Dead1nside said:
Yes I believe this was always the intention to be able to install other OS's but the preferred route from what I gather is not to install over the NAND in case you brick it, and instead install the other OS on the SD cards and use a boot loader to choose.
Yes, this is the plan. The last I heard, the official policy is that OP suggests any alternative OS be installed on an SD card, but there is nothing preventing you from installing to NAND if you wish. There will no doubt be tutorials on the process almost immediately after the Pandora ships.

Dead1nside said:
Near-kun said:
A OS Question:

One of the good things is that if you mess the NAND up, you can re-install from the SD card, so bricking isn't an issue

Back