Pandora Rebirth case broken

tony.pigram

So, after many years of use and I admit leaving the stylus on the keyboard when shutting my Pandora Rebirth, a corner of the lid has finally cracked and broken off on one side and the other side is just cracked.

Has anyone got just a lid/outer case of lid for sale? How much hassle is it to change it? I was eye-ing up some duct tape earlier, but I don't think that's the best option.

You are at least the third person that said they need that piece in the last week or so. Good luck.

I'm sure you can just order a new one with Ed. Though it might be a silver painted one...
My 1GHz unit is silver, I've always liked the black case of my CC unit better.

It's not the easiest part to replace, and it's pretty hard to get into position as the screen may poke out a little bit on one side, you also risk cracking the screen as well..

They're usually available on the DragonBox shop, but it seems like that section is down ATM https://www.dragonbox.de/en/80-case

Same here (Pandora Rebirth black with a crack in the corner of the case). It should be delivered today in Germany for a full repair.

Last edited:
I'm just about to get a case replacement - the lid (inside and outside) are in good nick on the one I have (black), so they'll be available if somebody wants them?

I think my case lid is cracked because I opened the case at least one time too many - the way you need to twist that part to get those plastic tabs out promotes the type of crack I have. Since I last opened it it seems to grow at up to 2mm a year, but it seems to be meandering now it's reaching the flat top, so it may be slowing, so I'm pretty sure it should outlast my use of it (I fully intend to buy a Pyra which should mostly replace it).

We still have cases left, we will put them back in stock once all remaining Pandoras have been built.

We still have cases left, we will put them back in stock once all remaining Pandoras have been built.
I've been out of the loop for a while... preordered a Pandora which I never received and haven't seen any emails in a while. Are you saying you're still building them? Are these for the pre-orderers or new purchases?

Even the black ones?

Just to inform you, my Pandora should be delivered today for the second time at your shop, please let me know if you receive it. I also posted in "ask EvilDragon" section but still received no response from you.

Today is a holiday in Germany, so the won't try to deliver it :)

We have a few parts (but not all) of black cases left.

We have a few parts (but not all) of black cases left.

I sent a very exhaustive PM to you about the repairs my Pandora Rebirth need. It's mostly the same written in the RMA sheet but i included some additional notes about the black case parts i want to be replaced. Please let me know if you still have the ones i need.

I sent a very exhaustive PM to you about the repairs my Pandora Rebirth need. It's mostly the same written in the RMA sheet but i included some additional notes about the black case parts i want to be replaced. Please let me know if you still have the ones i need.
Maybe you could let them take a look at it and work on it instead of making a bunch of posts and messages and such that he needs to read through. There is also the chance that if it was received the repairs were done and it was already shipped back.

I am not telling you to stop bugging him about it, just that it slows progress when someone has to stop what they are doing and search for what you are talking about all the time. I have had to intercept overeager people trying to get individual status updates from a team I took over, and at some points if I wasn't there they wouldn't have been able to get anything done because they were getting constant calls, emails, and visits. (When I noticed that was how things were done there, and part of why I was sent in, I put an end to it and told everyone what I am about to tell you.) If you want it fixed send the info, then let them fix it. If it seems like it has been too long without an update and no one has said anything, send a short message. It doesn't help anyone to constantly bombard them with your demands for their attention while they are trying to do the work.

Also keep in mind that there is a lot happening right now, so he has less time than usual.

Also keep in mind that there is a lot happening right now, so he has less time than usual.

Yes, i know. Mine is only a question about black case parts i forgot to include in the RMA sheet because i thought they were not available anymore.

I've been out of the loop for a while... preordered a Pandora which I never received and haven't seen any emails in a while. Are you saying you're still building them? Are these for the pre-orderers or new purchases?

Who did you preorder with? As far as I know money to supply old underpaid preorders with a unit at under cost has dried up. If you preordered with Craig though, he should have passed your details on to ED who will have sent out an email to everyone he knows about giviing you your options a year or two ago. But these new units should be new sales, as people are still willing to pay for them.

Back