Pandora reboot problem

Hene193

Still Fresh
Hi!

I have a problem with my Pandora and I fear that it is a hardware fault. 

What it does:

It restarts very often*. Screen goes into multi-color lines and few seconds later it just reboots. It is very annoying when playing games. Because it removes picture from screen I don't think it is because the CPU. It doesn't matter if it's charging or only battery powered.

What I have tried to fix it:

-Use without SD.

-Reflash.

-Add paper trick (It isn't battery. I have tested)

If it is hardware fault how I'm going to fix it? Is there any kind of warranty? I don't have any receipts because I'm not the first owner. It is barely used.

Thank you for help! 

*4-8 times a day

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen goes into multi-color lines and few seconds later it just reboots.
Definatly sound like the it's losing contact with the batteries : that's how the device react to power lost. The problem is not the battery themselves, but the contact pads. Are you sure you placed the paper correctly (if that kind of fix could be proper...) ?

Does it have some padding inside the battery case?

That's what we do with current models to keep them rock-solid.

Yes it has. I've checked multiple times. And it does it even on desk when I don't move it. I've seen it do that only one time when it's on desk and I'm not touching it so it can't be problem with battery. And to be sure I've removed in past that battery few times to see if it does the same thing. I'm sure it crashed but the reason is unclear. I've seen this happening on other devices usually it is problem with GPU or ram... But I'm not sure.

Edit: And it doesn't lose power. It freezes first and then reboots (I think because the hardware stops responding.) It does this without OC.

Might be a loosy solder somewhere (but I doubt it : that havent been seen on any other pandora I think).

You might want to have a look on how to get RMA with your dealer (ED in case it was craigx).

Might be a loosy solder somewhere (but I doubt it : that havent been seen on any other pandora I think).

You might want to have a look on how to get RMA with your dealer (ED in case it was craigx).
RMA? And there is little problem... I'm not the first owner... Is there any way to know who sold it with serial number? (Model is rebirth (1002))

Just to be certain it is not a battery contact issue : If you run the Pandora connected to mains power without the battery being inserted then does the reboot still happen?

General question : Has your Pandora always done this or is this recent behaviour?

In terms of RMA : Who / where did you buy the Pandora from? Was is described as being in perfect working order? If it was then you may be able to claim a refund / repair costs from the seller.

Just to be certain it is not a battery contact issue : If you run the Pandora connected to mains power without the battery being inserted then does the reboot still happen?

General question : Has your Pandora always done this or is this recent behaviour?

In terms of RMA : Who / where did you buy the Pandora from? Was is described as being in perfect working order? If it was then you may be able to claim a refund / repair costs from the seller.
As I've said multiple times I bought it used from a man who bought it from Dragon shop (not sure)

Yes it does happen even when battery is not connected. (Left over night and at morning looked and it was restarted)

And for the general question. I has done this for past few months. It started doing to for one or two times in week but now it does multiple times in a day.

Edit: If I need to fix it myself, how much does new motherboard cost?

I bought it used from a man who bought it from Dragon shop (not sure)
When you bought it, was it described as being in full working order? 
Almost two months ago. It was used only for 20h. It was listed as fully working but it might be broken from the factory because he used it so little that he might never seen it do that.

Okey I was really lucky that I had the time to took picture of the crash and now I had some more time to look at it. Now I'm sure that it is a hardware problem... If there is no warranty then I need to buy new motherboard. How much it costs? Or do I need to email one of the devs to ask?

13110051.jpg

These lines arent a problem per see. I also have these when I reboot (well most of the time they are mostly green with other colors mixed in). The problem is the reboot themself...

Get a PM to ED, you'll know what to do next :)

These lines arent a problem per see. I also have these when I reboot (well most of the time they are mostly green with other colors mixed in). The problem is the reboot themself...

Get a PM to ED, you'll know what to do next :)
I assume ED is EvilDragon?

Okey update on this.

I almost sent my Pandora but I could not because I didn't remember that I can't send battery trough airmail so I opened the package and tested one thing... Other SD... And for now I has not crashed a single time.

Could it be that I had a bad SD in it and that caused it to crash? 

Back