Pandora´s Video Tomorrow?

trypsp

Still Fresh
Hello I want know if is tomorrow when craigix´s camera arrive and he will make the video to offset somewhat the delayed of the console Is this so?

I think we've seen enough footage or pictures of the pandora in the current state.
If there is something I would like to see, it is some more blogposts about the process of building the pandora.
Afterall this is an "opensource" console, so an "opensource production process" would be a wonderful addition.

I just want a video of it booting up in it's current state. Even if it's nothing like the final firmware.

I believe it is ED that is doing the video, and last I knew, it was just coming sometime next week, obviously after he receives his pandora.

Patience, my friend. At least we have some dates to look forward to.

PlopperZ said:
I just want a video of it booting up in it's current state. Even if it's nothing like the final firmware.
Since when did you get the idea that the Pandora can even boot into an OS yet? Last I heard all the emulators shown were written to take direct control of the hardware as the linux port wasn't near enough completion?

Last edited by a moderator:
So there are working binaries for the Pandora, why can't it boot one of them?

is not fair to want a video of it booting, no matter what the software?

weirdalwhiteandnerdyxs1.jpg

enigmacipher said:
So there are working binaries for the Pandora, why can't it boot one of them?

is not fair to want a video of it booting, no matter what the software?
There have already been videos released of stuff running...

Peter R said:
Since when did you get the idea that the Pandora can even boot into an OS yet? Last I heard all the emulators shown were written to take direct control of the hardware as the linux port wasn't near enough completion?
Only 1 emulator takes direct control of the hardware (the very first one ported by MJW). All the rest that you've seen videos of run under Linux.

I think I've seen a few of OMAP3xxx options in 2.6.26 vanilla... 'depends' flags strange though, some were available while building an x86 kernel :p

MilanC said:
I think I've seen a few of OMAP3xxx options in 2.6.26 vanilla... 'depends' flags strange though, some were available while building an x86 kernel :p
When is ED going to get his Pandora?
I just ask myself if there is a chance he will be visiting the games convention in Leipzig with the pandora in his pocket :D

conso said:
MilanC said:
I just ask myself if there is a chance he will be visiting the games convention in Leipzig with the pandora in his pocket :D

:rolleyes:

Trooper

Erm, just checked. Wasn't vanilla kernel... and closer to 2.6.27 than to 2.6.26. Not sure it was OMAP 3xxx either.

*Overexcited? who? me?*

trooper said:
conso said:
MilanC said:

:rolleyes:

Trooper

Don't know why you're rolling eyes, but I just took my first look in the german forums and it seems like ED is going to GC, but with a pandora prototype, like the one from craigx photos.

EvilDragon wrote at GP2x.de, that he made the HD video but he don't know if he gets it edited and uploaded before the GC because real life kicks in...

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
EvilDragon wrote at GP2x.de, that he made the HD video but he don't know if he gets it edited and uploaded before the GC because real life kicks in...

Regards,
Stephan
That's pretty crummy of him. As evidenced by this thread, several forum members have put their 'real life' on hold for the Pandora, the Devs/Distributors should at least do the same. ;)

I have it on good authority that ED has a final-ish Pandora (no keypad, like Craig's), but right now the main concern is getting it ready to demo at a convention tomorrow. We want the Pandora to look its best for the cameras :D

Back