Pandora - Size Impressions

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as everybody asked for pics where you can compare the size of the Pandora a bit better...

Maybe this one helps?

Pandora01_thumb.jpg

(Click on the picture for a bigger version)

bertbusdriver said:
so the pandora will be slightly bigger than the nintendo ds lite, correct?
Yep, about 2cm wider. But smaller than the old nintendo ds or the PSP.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
bertbusdriver said:
so the pandora will be slightly bigger than the nintendo ds lite, correct?
Yep, about 2cm wider. But smaller than the old nintendo ds or the PSP.

Sounds like a perfect size to me. Especially when you consider how many controls are inside there.

Last edited by a moderator:
That paints the picture better, thanks ED. Even though anyone who was paying attention knew how small it was going to be, the previous pics still left many people with the impression of it being large.

I reckon this pic will generate a new wave of hype.

Yeah, the size of the breasts Pandora is much more apparent now, especially for a good first impression ;)

Sphinxter said:
That is so sweet, not even going to ask how you did that.
Photoshop_CS3.png

Gruso said:
My only thought about the model was the garish colour of her blouse. :lol:
Her blouse is definitely an horendous colour, I think she should take it off. :p

Yes, It`s the juvenile in me. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Really good marketing EvilDragon... with this photo the man's here don't want to see the console! xD but we are thinking that Open Pandora is really good console and the size is perfect!! :D hehehehehe !

Thanks for the photo! :) help us very well.

mmm... it's fake image? :D

Cool
It does confirm my fear, however, that those analogue nubs are going to be petty uncomfortable to reach.

Personally I would have liked to see the nubs on either side of the unit and a taller and not so wide (hence a less standard layout) keyboard.

I know it's too late in the day to change anything, though, and considering how few games I'll be playing that make use of the nubs (and, thinking about it, how comparatively many *more* apss I'll be using that make use of the keyboard!) I'm still pretty happy with the layout

:)

Pleng said:
It does confirm my fear, however, that those analogue nubs are going to be petty uncomfortable to reach.
It's funny, they seemed much closer on the full-size mockups people posted videos of earlier in the year... Maybe it's a perspective thing and/or she has tiny hands?

astro said:
Is that Ed's girl in the picture. :p
Who Bloody cares?????

It was the same with the GP2X when hundreds of women-starved loners started obsessing over Anna from Gamepark Holdings! First sign of f@nny and some people people come over all primeval!

atomicthumbs said:
Sphinxter said:
That is so sweet, not even going to ask how you did that.
Photoshop_CS3.png

Nope, no Photoshop involved.
Just the first test case mould as dummy, 3dsmax to make the perspective the same and combustion to put the pic and rendering together.

GunPei2X said:
Pleng said:

It's funny, they seemed much closer on the full-size mockups people posted videos of earlier in the year... Maybe it's a perspective thing and/or she has tiny hands?
They aren't uncomfortable to reach, even for her hands (which are tiny, btw, she's about 1,60m big).

Last edited:
Back