Release Pandora System Info

I also will try the plot function, never did before. Because my battery doesn't charge very well and charging stops around 80% and I usualy have to re plug the charger to get over 80%.

I experienced and still experience the same charging issues, and reported them here, later linked them there and concluded there and today followed up in asimov-solensan's thread, who also tries to resolve this issue. Had not been successful back then, but at least sysinfo was the tool to provide reliable monitoring and documentation! Can recommend sysinfo for Pandora troubleshooting, benchmarking & optimization to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also will try the plot function, never did before. Because my battery doesn't charge very well and charging stops around 80% and I usualy have to re plug the charger to get over 80%.

I experienced and still experience the same charging issues, and reported them here, later linked them there and concluded there and today followed up in asimov-solensan's thread, who also tries to resolve this issue. Had not been successful back then, but at least sysinfo was the tool to provide reliable monitoring and documentation! Can recommend sysinfo for Pandora troubleshooting, benchmarking & optimization to everyone!
Maybe it's my charger, it's only a 1A charger, the Pandora battery maybe needs some more "presure" to get filled? But the charger that came with the pandora also only had 1A so I guess this should be enough. Removing battery from Pandora for a while also seems to recalibrate the battery meter. But maybe my battery is just old. Only ~50 full charges so far and already under 90% of max capacity, not that great.

Looks even better now, nice tool. :) And suddenly pretty revealing, the RAM usage tells me that small stuff like "mixer", "brightnes", "configbutton" already eats up 8MB RAM each, weird.

Can I run the plot function for hours or does this fill up my SD/NAND/whatever?
Those RAM usage numbers do include shared memory (e.g. for shared dynamic libraries), so there can be some overlap between them and the sum of all the numbers can be bigger than the total. But yes, XFCE is a bit wasteful, OpenBox is better in that respect.

You can keep log files for hours, days or weeks. Those files are stored in appdata/sysinfo/logs, so typically on your SD card. They can get somewhat big, mostly depending on the log interval: if you have data points every second, the file is going to grow 300 times as fast as when you only have data points every 5 minutes. Also plotting huge log files will take some time. But I wouldn't worry about it - even if you set the interval to 1 second and keep the log going all the time, it will take a lot of time to fill up your SD card.

I noticed that under "Model-Info" it says "Firmware: SuperZaxxon R1.54R" although I should be running 1.55 ... it says so in the loading screen and I just ran an upgrade to be sure (nothing was updated, since I already have the latest version).

I already noticed this in the previous version of sysinfo. Sorry, I forgot to mention it earlier. But I guess sysinfo just extracts the OS version from somewhere else, so the problem is probably that the 1.55 update did not change the information(?)

I noticed that under "Model-Info" it says "Firmware: SuperZaxxon R1.54R" although I should be running 1.55 ... it says so in the loading screen and I just ran an upgrade to be sure (nothing was updated, since I already have the latest version).

I already noticed this in the previous version of sysinfo. Sorry, I forgot to mention it earlier. But I guess sysinfo just extracts the OS version from somewhere else, so the problem is probably that the 1.55 update did not change the information(?)
I'm aware of this issue - it indeed gets the version number from a file in /etc, which gets only set at a full reflash, not with updates. I'm hoping that in the future, updates will also update that file. When that happens, the issue will be automatically fixed.

I finaly teseted the log and plot feature and it seems to work great. My goal was to test the battery charging, my battery is not the best and takes a long time to load. I also don't get it over 90% much so I just wanted more details. Not sure about the results but these are the plots of many hours charging from ~20% to ~90%.

Plot-power looks weird, I hope the plots are OK and in line with the usual behaviour. ^^

plot-charge.png

plot-charge_std.png

plot-power.png

plot-temp.png

I just want to thank for this program, I use it very very rarely (I don't even remember how many months have passed since the last time), but I was in need to monitor the system because it was very busy, anyway this started up damn fast !! And the overview mode (jumping from full screen to window) had everything I was needing to see !! (ram used by apps, cpu load)

So, good work, and thank you ;)

Minor update on the repo. Biggest change is info on the DSP clock speed and a way to change it from within sysinfo.

Also did some minor improvements to reduce the overhead of keeping sysinfo running. If you minimize the sysinfo window or close the lid, it stops redrawing the info (so the only thing it keeps doing is keep track of the information and write the log file if logging is enabled). Also the memory footprint has been reduced a bit (from ~10MB to ~6MB).

Good stuff _wb_

oh hang on..

CPU

1.000 GHz (OPP4/4)

System bus: 400MHz      DSP: unknown 

??

@stainy: you probably did not update your OS.. (System->Upgrade Pandora OS)

Minor update on the repo. Biggest change is info on the DSP clock speed and a way to change it from within sysinfo.
thanks for the update, _wb_. DSP clock is shown correctly (here) and changing it works fine.

(and thanks again for the kbd shortcut update ;) )

SysInfo CPU consumption seems to be lower now, the frequent 'power spikes' introduced with v0.8 are gone.

I found some issues, though:

• System bus speed is clamped to 340Mhz (default is 400Mhz on 1Ghz Pandora)

• fast inc-/decrements (holding down right shoulder button) are in 200Mhz steps now (100Mhz in previous SysInfo versions).
    What about changing that to 50Mhz ?

I found some issues, though:

• System bus speed is clamped to 340Mhz (default is 400Mhz on 1Ghz Pandora)

• fast inc-/decrements (holding down right shoulder button) are in 200Mhz steps now (100Mhz in previous SysInfo versions).
    What about changing that to 50Mhz ?
You can change the sysbus clamp in appdata. The default clamp is based on the model of the first run - so if you first run sysinfo on a CC/Rebirth machine, it will set a default max (I think 360) and save it to the settings file. If you then run sysinfo on a 1GHz model, with the same settings file in appdata, the clamping will be off.

I'll change the fast change intervals.

^^ yep, you need last weekend's update to make that work :)

You can change the sysbus clamp in appdata. The default clamp is based on the model of the first run - so if you first run sysinfo on a CC/Rebirth machine, it will set a default max (I think 360) and save it to the settings file.
ok, deleted /sd1/pandora/appdata/settings.cfg, re-ran SysInfo to re-create it and that fixed it (440Mhz max. on 1Ghz now).

(/sd1 and /sd2 are symlinks to /media/mmcblk0p1 resp. /media/mmcblk1p1 here but that's just because I'm lazy)

(btw: I never ran SysInfo on a CC/Rebirth Pandora so it probably was a bug in the older v0.8 version)

While you're at it: Maybe changing the default stepping to 10Mhz, instead of 2Mhz, wouldn't be a bad idea ? You could use the ALT modifier for 1 (or 2) MHz finetuning.

^ this was already reported privately by F_Slim. It will be fixed in the next update, but I'm not going to make everyone re-download it just for this :)

I was reading this in another topic:

dmesg | grep OPP | tail -n 1 and then some awk magic works well enough :) . The next sysinfo will give both the max and current OPP value, e.g. on my ReBirth unit it shows things like "250 MHz (OPP 2/5)" now...
is it supposed to do so now? I am on SZ 1.60 and it only shows e.g. OPP5/5 - I see no dmesg about OPP other than setting max now...

Back