Pandora Tv / Radio

Jourdy288 said:
I think it's a great idea, I would love to catch tv on a Pandora. I'm trying to figure out now how to broadcast on an analog signal, sort of your own private channel, broadcasting whatever you like. That would be cool if you want spectators for a game or something on a Pandora... Speculation, I suppose, but it would be pretty cool.

Ahh glad your back. Your posts are always so amusing.Putting aside the fact that nobody is ever going to tune in to watch you play a game, have you any idea how illegal your suggestion is?!

If you're *really* convinced that people want to watch you play then why not simply plug your Pandora into a TV tuner on your PC and broadcast online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, illegal? Analog signals are being abandoned for digital, thus, if we had some way to broadcast analog... Although I suppose you're right, people probably won't tune in to see you play a game. Still, I'm pretty sure there could be other cool uses.

They. Are discontiuning the use of analog in favour of digital but they are still using those same frequences to broadcast over, that's why they had to discontinue analog, to free up the space for more digitial signals.

Broadcasting over these frequency without a licence is very illegal.

Jourdy288 said:
Wait, illegal? Analog signals are being abandoned for digital, thus, if we had some way to broadcast analog... Although I suppose you're right, people probably won't tune in to see you play a game. Still, I'm pretty sure there could be other cool uses.

The Analog signals are being abandoned because the FCC wanted to reclaim the spectrum of frequency and they were to auction off parts of that spectrum for other uses. If you go running a pirate TV station using the old frequencies you would still be breaking the law. They will still hunt you down. You will still face Jail time and or fines. Actually, if the part of the spectrum you are running your TV channel on has already been purchased by some company, then you will also be sued by them. Hardly anybody really uses CB Radio anymore at least compared to the 60's and 70's so why not start a Radio station there for people with CB's. Oh, yeah, that would be ILLEGAL.

Well, then since they sell FM transmitters, why don't we all buy some and build amplification circuits and antenna's and just take over local radio stations that suck. That sounds like fun. Oh crap, that pesky ILLEGAL thing again....

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe it depends, there are actually Wireless devices that transmit analog tv. (the same for FM)

it depends of the FCC and the range of the device.

but if we are talking of useable broadcast it will be ILLEGAL for sure.

My Terratec Piranha DVB-* USB stick is detected automaticly since december 08 using Arch Linux.
I didn't get any player software besides kaffeine to work in a good way tho.

Back