Pandora won't power on.

tonyd

Still Fresh
Hi folks.

My Pandora took a fall and now won't power on, either on the battery on using the AC adaptor. There's no obvious rattling, so I don't think anything's smashed inside.

Any guesses as to what may be happening. I haven't opened it yet as I don't want to lose/break anything - microelectronics aren't my forte, but if it's simple enough to fix I'll probably manage! I'd be willing to send it away if anyone can repair too.

Cheers,

Tony

When you say it doesn't power on; with no battery in and just AC connected, nothing happens? Not even the power LED turns on?

If so, have you tried removing the battery and leaving it completely unpowered for 10-20 minutes, and then putting the battery back in?

Also, is there a chance that you have left it in suspend mode until the battery was completly empty?

In this case:

Put in the battery and connect the chargingcable. Leave it like this and see if it turn o in the next 30 minutes.

Another possibility could be that you have a broken charger. Can you try to use a psp charger or connect it to an usb powersupply?

I put the unit on charge and it came back to life after about 20 minutes. The time & date were out by three weeks and the battery was at 2%, so it looks like it might have suspended and died as suggested.

Thanks guys, you saved me a lot of worry there!

Just don't do this too often as your battery might get damaged.

I still think we need to wake up from suspend regulary to check the battery and power down if necessary.

Back