Beta Panjoust Pandora Build

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
*** EDIT ***

Problems fixed, Pandora build here

Also linux and windows builds there, but old ones.

*** Thanks!***

I'm currently working on a Pandora build of Panjoust. This one is not polished yet, but 95% functional, and i'm curious if it works, if so how much, and in the absense of much problems, the performance. BUT one small problem remains...

On my linux box i downloaded the arm-2009q3 libs from CPasjustes script a while ago. Now the project is compiling nicely, but in the build messages i read some files are missing.

Some are present in my main usr/lib folder, can i just copy those? (suppose not)
2 are missing completely

in usr/lib

* libSDLmain.a
* libSDL.a
* libSDL_ttf.a
* libfreetype.a
* libz.a

Not Present

* libts.a
* libvorbisidec.a

Although of all files i have .la and .so files in the arm-2009q3 folder somewhere. Can i do something with those? :S

Don't flame please, this is all relatively new to me, only tried cross-compiling with PandoraPanic, and that was mostly preconfigured by PokeParadox.

Unfortunately, i currently no longer have internet connection on the linux box, so if downloading files is required, a download site, or a mail to me, is preferred over a download script. usb-stick copying is all that is available atm...

All advice appreciated, and that build is coming!!

MarkoeZ

p.s. Since i want to try and have a testbuild online asap (tonight), i though this is an acceptable way to draw attention to the last remaining obstacle. Will use this topic for the build itself ofcourse.

ermm, i am now i think? To be honest, most of Code::Blocks was still setup for PandoraPanic, so did not have to change much.

but now it's talking about: "usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /arm-2009q3/lib/libsdl.so when searching for -lSDL" And a couple more files like that.
Also .../arm2009q3/lib/libSDL_gfx.a: file not recognised: File format not recognised

I have the feeling that i am in way over my head here, might have wait for PokeParadox to come online and hope he has the time to compare settings.

still, thanks for your answer!

MarkoeZ said:
ermm, i am now i think? To be honest, most of Code::Blocks was still setup for PandoraPanic, so did not have to change much.

but now it's talking about: "usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /arm-2009q3/lib/libsdl.so when searching for -lSDL" And a couple more files like that.
Also .../arm2009q3/lib/libSDL_gfx.a: file not recognised: File format not recognised

I have the feeling that i am in way over my head here, might have wait for PokeParadox to come online and hope he has the time to compare settings.

Sounds like your building an x86 version and trying to link in ARM libs. I know codeblocks pretty well and im building pandora versions for pandorapanic.
So if anyone can help you i can

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
MarkoeZ said:

Sounds like your building an x86 version and trying to link in ARM libs. I know codeblocks pretty well and im building pandora versions for pandorapanic.
So if anyone can help you i can

Lol, i was not questioning your ability to help me at all, i was just being hesitant to bother you. Actual pandora hardware owners are usually pretty busy, and i'm kind of a noob on this subject. Thats all. :)

Seems you are right though, the compiler settings are not right. thought i did everything necessary, but that would be the noob-ish part ;)

Well, it seems like we have a Pandora build! :D

Panjoust Downloads

It only has one music track due to bandwith issues on my side, and it's a slightly older version (a week or something). But the general linux build works fine.

Thanks again Poke!

Now if the game will work...

First build update

Pickle downloaded and tested it on Pandora hardware. It runs! and he has found a problem

The menu seems to work, the game has input issues, some ideas how to fix this, so new build at the same location.

Edit: edits

Hi, update:

Pickle tested the last build, and played it up till level 3! :) One small problem remaining with the controls, but that was expected. It was some old code, limiting input, keeping the bird grounded the first time. It now flies a bit too eagerly, but that's easily fixed since the problem is found. Level editor also seems to work fine with touchscreen.

Mostly thanks to PokeParadox and Pickle, getting Penjin Pandora ready! (count the P's, new Minigame! ; )

Cheers!!

I've been having some fun with panjoust and thought i'd record a little video clip.

I would like to add that this game looks, sounds and plays beautifully on the pandora. Nice work!!

edit- fixed embed code

Awesomeness!!! great video! Have you been practicing or are you just one of those guys that picks it up very quickly? because playing seems to go pretty well!

Question: did you generate the pnd and the pxml file yourself? can remember putting the pxml online and never even created a pnd :p

And a note to people reading here: This is an older thread, there is a newer one here in the beta section, or the general one in the developers corner.

Cheers!!

MarkoeZ

MarkoeZ said:
Awesomeness!!! great video! Have you been practicing or are you just one of those guys that picks it up very quickly? because playing seems to go pretty well!
The controls are really nice, so it was easy to just pick up and play for the first time, although I was playing for awhile before recording.

MarkoeZ said:
Question: did you generate the pnd and the pxml file yourself? can remember putting the pxml online and never even created a pnd :p
I just took the build you made and put the .pnd file extention after it. I thought it was already a pnd :lol:

Mofokubik said:
The controls are really nice, so it was easy to just pick up and play for the first time, although I was playing for awhile before recording.
Ah! finally!! some think it's too hard, and i kind of disagree ;)

I just took the build you made and put the .pnd file extention after it. I thought it was already a pnd :lol:
Aaaaah, well it's just an executable, no need to rename it. And i suppose the pxml is in the data archive then. (Edit: to clarify, Poke uploaded the data pack since i have connection issues. So i did not know exactly what was in it)

Cheers!
MarkoeZ

Back