Beta Panjoust Pandora Playable Demo

What do you think of the Panjoust difficulty?

• Too easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit easy, but fun

• Too hard because... (please post why)

• Total voters

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hello All,

I've made a 8 level demo of Panjoust, this time with functional Pandora executable! Now i had some feedback from Windows testers, but no pandora users yet. And since it's been designed for the Pandora, i'm ofcourse curious about actual unit playtesting!!!

No nifty PND yet, it is still a beta, but installation is not hard at all. Download the data pack, and the appropriate executable (Pandora i hope? ; ), unpack, drop in a folder, and run.

Files are here

PokeParadox confirmed it basically works on pandora(youtube vid), but more testing and feedback is very very welcome!!

Thanks!

MarkoeZ

P.s.: if you like you can vote in the poll, but please only if you played it.

Edit: Although the game itself should be quite solid, the leveleditor is still pretty much beta. For instance: Just found out it's possible to crash the application when you edit text or change the XScope setting of the enemies. When you backspace too much it segfaults. new feature, buggy...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is cool! The reason I thought it was a little hard was because the bird could get going really fast and I would waste all my wings to try to fly up but would go faster instead... probably I just need to mess with it a little bit. The instructions were hard to read because scrolling wasn't smooth or I'd just go flying by ;)

HackModford said:
This is cool! The reason I thought it was a little hard was because the bird could get going really fast and I would waste all my wings to try to fly up but would go faster instead... probably I just need to mess with it a little bit. The instructions were hard to read because scrolling wasn't smooth or I'd just go flying by ;)

First 3 words: made my day!

And it's definately a game that takes some getting used to, it's not a "normal" movement type. Just need to think about where you want to go a bit earlier than in regular platformers.

About the text objects, they are the latest additions (i made them after i had seen some of my girlfriends roommates try it for the first time ; ) They could probably be optimised.
Also they were made to slow the player down a bit in te beginning and get used to the controls :p but i'd probably have taken the same approach as you to be honest

Thanks for testing, and if you have more feedback, keep it coming!

MarkoeZ

Yeah... I think it's just getting used to it. I'm at work right now so I can't just sit down and play it... if you know what I mean ;)

Yes it is hard, but the idea is to take your time and get used to the way things go. I do like the demo, I keep playing it and that's even though I've had to run it before to debug things... this is a good sign!

There are niggles with how the physics works but I'm sure you will continue to refine this. One thing I'm not sure I agree with is if you earn bonus flaps from killing an enemy and then land on a platform, the bonus flaps are lost...

Visually, the game is very very good, but there are still some Magenta(or rather, near magenta) spots here and there that need tidying up!
The enemy birds... the ones you kill are dark brown on the victory screen they are a golden brown... again don't know if this is intended.

The last level is EVIL... :p Also slowdown due to windmills, but recompiling with the rotation caching causes the game to crash out on this level so... yeah I have a bug to fix I guess!

Nice stuff. I haven't finished it, but it is fun. Challenging to say the least, especially those rotten eggs near the dangerous stuff! You're evil! :)

But how do you get out of it? I mean, I'm in the middle of playing it, but how do I exit the game quickly, without being a sacrificial lamb?

Noisome said:
Nice stuff. I haven't finished it, but it is fun. Challenging to say the least, especially those rotten eggs near the dangerous stuff! You're evil! :)

But how do you get out of it? I mean, I'm in the middle of playing it, but how do I exit the game quickly, without being a sacrificial lamb?

Most of the time, the really hard to reach eggs are placed extra in the level. You don't have to collect them to complete the level goals if you collect all of the easy ones. And there's usually a trick to get to them anyway, once you got it, way easier. although still challenging perhaps ;)

And indeed, no nice way to quit except play out the game atm. should put a quit option in the pause menu i suppose.

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

Back