Paper Wars

Darkknight512 said:
This looks absolutely amazing, I hope a Wiz build is on the way :) (or somebody gunna get hurt real bad...)

If you go to the entries page of the Riot Digital compy, there is a Wiz build there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, continuing with the progress of the next map...

Using the previous hex map (used for movement), I now start to box out the visual parts of the map, making sure they match well with the angles of the movement hex map.

montain_draft.jpg

This helps me get a sense of the overall feeling of the map. From here, using this as a base, I will do some concept sketches of how the final version might look.

While I am working on this, Dr. Crow is working on implementing the power ups for each of the units.

This is what we are planning for each of the individual units:
Soldier - this power up will allow the soldier unit to zip VERY far in a single move. Overcoming it's primary weakness of its limited movement range.
Tank - will gain the ability to lob a mortar shot farther then it normally can.
Helicopter - can use its power up to air drop health on ground units. This makes the unit super useful for supporting units far away from their base.

Just discovered this little marvel of a game, most impressive stuff you got here! Looking forward to see it develop further!

Thanks a lot Amon_Re! Are you playing on a Caanoo?

Kayuz, we have no plans for a map editor. For as long as we are imagining, all the maps will be made by myself.

traylorpark said:

Yep :) Sofar I haven't played that much, but I like what I saw sofar, keep up the awesome work you two, and setup some paypal thingies, such awesomeness deserves some beers :D

traylorpark said:
Alright, continuing with the progress of the next map...

Using the previous hex map (used for movement), I now start to box out the visual parts of the map, making sure they match well with the angles of the movement hex map.

This helps me get a sense of the overall feeling of the map. From here, using this as a base, I will do some concept sketches of how the final version might look.
Looks Promising. You could try to make some small pre designed "map modules" that can be combined in any way, could speed up the map making for you and leads to more Maps for the game. ;)

Amon_Re said:
traylorpark said:

Yep :) Sofar I haven't played that much, but I like what I saw sofar, keep up the awesome work you two, and setup some paypal thingies, such awesomeness deserves some beers :D

Beer would always be appreciated!

fusion_power said:
Looks Promising. You could try to make some small pre designed "map modules" that can be combined in any way, could speed up the map making for you and leads to more Maps for the game. ;)

You know, in a couple maps or so ... I might take a look into that!

yeah sure, we're making steady progress, traylorpark is designing the next map, while i've implemented the first draft of the additional super powers he mentioned.

i've also implemented a way that you see what the enemy ai does - it looks really fine IMO :) - but i'm waiting for traylorparks approval on that ;)

is too time that i haven't fresh news about this killer-app! :lol:
any new about it?
thx ;)

Hey if i want make a map for it? what i need?

Hope i can use an good 3D Modelprogramm like 3DS Max or so.

Before i make maps for CS and CSS / HL2

They do the Maps with Blender, so I recommend to use Blender for the Maps. ;)
But they build these Maps completely "custom" per hand, no special Editor or so, maybe you could ask for the Textures and Models.

Blender is okey i can use plugins on 3ds max or save is as .3ds files textures are not needed i have my own :p

250389_226691434034539_100000810517635_596179_4202719_n.jpg

Blender is okey i can use plugins on 3ds max or save is as .3ds files textures are not needed i have my own

This post has been edited by Rikku2000: Today, 05:09 PM
:blink:

Back