Sales PAYPAL - IMPORTANT - ALL ORDERS CANCELLED

Chip said:
Craig's post was pretty unambiguous, but lets see if I can't be even more so.

If you ordered with Paypal, you will have to make other arrangements.

All Paypal orders are affected. Nobody who paid through Paypal will get their Pandora unless they sort out another payment option. This applies to all Pandora pre-orders, regardless of where you live, which site you ordered on, or which Paypal address you used. Out of the 4000 preorders, about 100 people chose (poorly) to pay with Paypal. Those 100 people are affected by this situation. The other 3900 people who used credit cards or other forms of payment are not affected.

Is that any clearer?

yeah, some of our cards kept getting declined, so to get in the preorder quickly, we had to resort to paypal. some of whose cards got declined, those same cards and accounts worked fine via paypal and the money was removed from our accounts just fine, now cause our cards (which has WAY more than enough funds to cover 30 pandoras, if we wanted 30) got f'd.

yep, that's clear!

mikedanick said:
Tom said:
You know, the funny thing about this is that I was at first arguing against PayPal myself, but then when my credit card wouldn't work and I thought I didn't have a lot of time I ordered with PayPal.
Not going to do that again...
I hope I get a chance to try the credit card again, I'll call them and make sure they put it through this time.
same happened to me, yet paypal worked just fine using the exact same card / account, they took the money right out of my bank. now they can put it right back in.
In all likelihood, that was probably your bank blocking the transaction because it looked "fishy". Several people here had that problem, and they were able to contact their bank and authorize the payment.

Another option is to try buying from gp32x.de. Worst case, find someone else who'll let you use their card if you give them the cash. Where there's a will there's a way.

I ditched debt some time ago, but I didn't want to use Paypal. I intially used a relative's Visa, then I went and picked up a $100 prepaid Visa gift card for extras. But I'm not sure if Protx will like that (it doesn't have a registered billing address), so in the meantime I also went down to my bank and got a Visa debit card issued. It only took two business days to arrive.

Chip said:
mikedanick said:
same happened to me, yet paypal worked just fine using the exact same card / account, they took the money right out of my bank. now they can put it right back in.
In all likelihood, that was probably your bank blocking the transaction because it looked "fishy". Several people here had that problem, and they were able to contact their bank and authorize the payment.
Actually it turns out that it was because my card has a $500.00 limit, and I was already more than two hundred dollars in.

I just paid off the balance, so I should be good to order when that payment goes through.

Just wondering... If my money was taken out of the bank, completeed, and paid. Also the GBAX.com site I bought it on gave me an invoice that said..

"
Everything worked. Your GBAX.com order is safe.

Your order number is:

GXX1####################################### (blanked out by me)

(Yes, its that massive - we don't know why either, new rules...) keep a copy of this page so you have your number to hand. "

and I got a confirmation e-mail from them too.

Am I in the clear ??? seeing as I used a debit master card that just happens to be owned by paypal but is run by 1st fed credit union? Iam just walking on eggs here waitting to know :( (bites nails to the quick)

I feel bad for those of you who fell in the same trap as me (to pay using PayPal) but don't have a high enough limit to buy a Pandora now (fortunately for me, as my credit card is linked to a bank account that belongs to my mom and has lots of money I have an absurdly high limit). PayPal says they refund the money to your cards in 3-5 days (in case of credit; debit should be worse). You should try to contact Jacquelyn and see if you can pay for it in november or later this month, it's highly unlikely they'll re-open pre-selling to get rid of your Pandoras, so they're pretty much safe if you don't take more than like 1 month to pay.

I guess I will have to pay with my credit card.

I am in Canada, did they fix the credit card pay page on the website yet?

I want to turn around right now and pay with a credit card since my money was refunded, but I still haven't gotten an email letting me know exactly how to do this or received any sort of confirmation that my order in the queue is secure. I know the team is probably scrambling to get this all working right now, but it's a bit unsettling for us, too... :(

CronoTriggerfan said:
I want to turn around right now and pay with a credit card since my money was refunded, but I still haven't gotten an email letting me know exactly how to do this or received any sort of confirmation that my order in the queue is secure. I know the team is probably scrambling to get this all working right now, but it's a bit unsettling for us, too... :(

I think the best thing for paypal users is to use their credit card, since it's the fastest and easiest way.

Now, if someone can direct us to the page, that would be awesome.

TaG said:
Folks, you have a business transaction that has a hiccup. So contact that business for a solution - email the store you used, quoting your order number and all the relevant details. They are really helpful. Also, they cannot necessarily equate a username here with your order.

If your order from DVD-Pron doesn't turn up would you discuss that on a forum?
People that paid with PayPal didn't get an order number (or at least I didn't...). I've also yet to receive any notification about a refund/alternative methods of payment to fix this problem. I'm guessing everybody else is just e-mailing openpandorasales with their PayPal information to confirm identity (so they know it's you and not just somebody else trying to order a Pandora after pre-orders have closed)?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got the e-mail.

So you're suggesting that we contact my (North American) gp2x store and ask for options?

lobski said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

I think the best thing for paypal users is to use their credit card, since it's the fastest and easiest way.

Agreed. But I'd also like to be reassured that my position in the shipping order will remain the same as well. I, as well as others, made sure to order ASAP so we could get our Pandoras in the same manner, and this blunder by PayPal shouldn't affect that.

CronoTriggerfan said:
lobski said:
CronoTriggerfan said:

Agreed. But I'd also like to be reassured that my position in the shipping order will remain the same as well. I, as well as others, made sure to order ASAP so we could get our Pandoras in the same manner, and this blunder by PayPal shouldn't affect that.

Have you found out where to make out credit card purchase yet?

The only e-mail I got back was when I told them I still wanted my Pandora
This is what I got:
Hi Christian,

That's fine. Your order is guaranteed from the first batch.

If you're in the EU you can still order using this link : http://openpandora.org/retro.html

Anywhere else you can use this link : http://gbax.com/pandorax.html

Kind regards
Jacquelyn

I wish they would have provided a little more information
I'm just hoping I'm not put to the back of the orders because of this
That'd be kinda lame :(

Hopefully they'll wait the 3-5 business days it'll take to get the money into my bank account :(

I just decided to cut my roommate a check and begged him to let me use his Visa instead of my MasterCard (my stupid bank doesn't support their 3D authentication layer).

Hopefully I am good to go! I also tacked on the tv cable and an extra battery this time around :)

Ugh, I would reorder, but I wanna be absolutely positive that my position in the shipping queue would remain the same. Yes, I'm reiterating, but damn, it's not that tough a question! :(

CronoTriggerfan said:
Ugh, I would reorder, but I wanna be absolutely positive that my position in the shipping queue would remain the same. Yes, I'm reiterating, but damn, it's not that tough a question! :(
Call me crazy, but I reckon getting your Pandora at the end of November would be far superior to not getting a Pandora at all. Until everyone got excited about this whole time-of-order business, we were all expecting a full 6 to 8 week wait. And we may still get it. So stop whining about your place in the queue, and sort your shit out. :p :p

dude, chrono, sitting in a forum waiting for confirmation is silly, i can assure you that your place in line is safe. many other people in the forum have had the same issue (a lot of us seen it coming, which is why we used creditcards, lol) but for those in your situation, i doubt craigx is going to punish you for something that isn't your fault. In the very least, if you're worried, email openpandorasales@gmail.com

that is the email site, i've emailed them with a few questions (which is the proper way to handle situations like this)

Back