PC Engine Emulator - Which is Best?

Ian J

Advanced Member
I've checked on the repo but can't find a PcEngine emulator, I have seen a couple on here.

Which would people recommend?

I only have hucards no cd files to play.

Many thanks

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup.

Install the gp32x Temper under ginge and voilà :^).

Hu-Go is nice too.

Cheers guys, just been using Temper and its awesome.

hey, put the tags !! I will need to find easily this thread when I'll receive my hardware !! :p

[edit] Done - Gruso. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame temper for Pandora is not available on the Repo, I missed this one too, just tried it & it seems to work really well. Alien Crush FTW! :)

Queue Exo popping in with a detailed rant about why its not in repo yet :)

I've been too busy with bulding family and code, not touched an emu in ages; you know, I think I need to go fire up Temper and FBA now ... or maybe just go play Gauntlet in my basement. Mmmmm :)

As always (for 10 years now!) this board is a bad influence ;)

jeff

The pnd given on here for temper that emulator is 4.3 not 16.9 to fit the pandora screen but if you use gp2x wiz temper 075 can be played full widescreen on pandora,which is awesome.

You will have to use the emulator through ginge,once you are in ginge go to settings turn it on full screen then play the wiz temper emulator in full widescreen,oh boy pc engine cd games looks superb in full widescreen format,I gotta say pc engine is good classic system and it has some original games,which must be played,i'm playing alot on pc engine cd right now.

The pnd given on here for temper that emulator is 4.3 not 16.9 to fit the pandora screen but if you use gp2x wiz temper 075 can be played full widescreen on pandora,which is awesome.

You will have to use the emulator through ginge,once you are in ginge go to settings turn it on full screen then play the wiz temper emulator in full widescreen,oh boy pc engine cd games looks superb in full widescreen format,I gotta say pc engine is good classic system and it has some original games,which must be played,i'm playing alot on pc engine cd right now.

I somehow don't think very many people are interested in playing with a grossly distorted aspect ratio.

I somehow don't think very many people are interested in playing with a grossly distorted aspect ratio.

I know that I'm not interested in playing at a distorted aspect ratio. Although I have noticed that some people like to fill their screen no matter how distorted it is. Of course, I'm also the type that prefers widescreen movies be letterboxed when shown on a different ratio screen rather than panned and scanned. To each his own I guess.

I know that I'm not interested in playing at a distorted aspect ratio. Although I have noticed that some people like to fill their screen no matter how distorted it is. Of course, I'm also the type that prefers widescreen movies be letterboxed when shown on a different ratio screen rather than panned and scanned. To each his own I guess.
Playing in full widescreen you get to see action better than borders on left and right and looks great like cinema experience.

Back