Pc Spec. Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
davey g, thats your call not mine regarding the cheque, if you feel unsafe then cancel as i would rather deal with people that trust me instead of always doubting me, ball is in your court not mine

hanz, you can see in that snippit you provided it is illegal to give my address out to tom dick & harry

hanz, it was not justifeid to give my address out just because you thought it was ok, it does not work like that,

anyway im not arguing about this, i will start my own action against the person who gave the information out & this will be sorted in court,

Im happy for you to stop your cheque, same for you davey g

"necessary for crime prevention/detection" It doesn't matter if it detected a crime or not, the information was still used in that manner.

Where is onemillurray getting 10 previous buyers on ebay from? I only see 3. If they'd been waiting for 3 weeks, surely they would have left bad feedback.

Bargainbassments, I think you should stay in this thread, if onemillurray is trying to damage your reputation you'd do good to find out more about it.

Hanz my friend you are WRONG! If you have a problem, or are concerned about something, its completely unfair to seek the opinions of people whom you believe to have more experience. Wrong, wrong WRONG!

Seriously though, bargain basements, your email is absolutely rediculous. Firstly, you were told about teh forums. Okay it took a while, but you were still informed.

Ebay relies on feedback, these people are handing over large sums of money without knowing you or having any proof that you are who you say you are, and if you dont elleviate (sp?) there concerns theyre perfectly entitled to get other opinions, especailly as we are external to the transaction and can provide an unbiast view. At the end of the day theyve emailed buyers whove said theyve had a bad experience with you. Why would these buyers lie? There appears to be no gain for them.

I also think its unwise to swear at your customers and threaten them with legal action, if your trying to build up a reputation. This is jsut a personal opinion, but as a tip for the future, try keeping your cool and dealing with people on a one-to-one basis. Group emailing people who may have ahd nothing to do with these forums is uncool.

Lots of Love

Loz x x x

EDIT: The notion of taking legal action is ridiculous. I cant believe your threatening these customers. Ha ha ha.

bargainbassments posted on Aug 29 2005 at 12:30 AM said:
hanz, it was not justifeid to give my address out just because you thought it was ok, it does not work like that,

anyway im not arguing about this, i will start my own action against the person who gave the information out & this will be sorted in court,
dpa28uk.jpg

He can't really call for legal action, as I have got rid of the addresses.
He has to claim if damage has been caused by the address, only special cases are compensation given for distress alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
my latest reply to davey g:

his email:

There's nothing I talked about on there that I did not discuss with you and I didn't post any of your details. In the same topic I led another person to several of your auctions so he could bid on them! By reading my posts you can see why I started the topic, you can also see that I defend you quite a lot. Also, if you're reading the topic you'll see the posts by Hanz concerning previous buyers.

It really does look like you're dodgy to me and I have had my doubts, BUT, I've been purposefully trying to outweigh the negatives with the positives. Despite much evidence pointing to the contrary, I have allowed the transaction to carry on. I can't do it now. The evidence and coincidences have built up too much for me to let this carry on.

If I'm wrong in these accusations, I'm sorry and I wish you well, you can't say I didn't treat you fairly as you can see in the thread. The details you offered to provide do give you some credibility but I don't know the way of the world, I don't know how those details would help me in claiming back any money if you did rip me off and I can't risk it. Hopefully you are able to understand this. I will now cancel the cheque I sent you.

David Graham

P.S If you wish me to post this in the forum for you to reply to I will.

My reply:

I will say the same to you as I said to hanz, by cancelling the cheque I will be charges £30 by my bank, this will then be passed onto you as im not paying it when its you that changed your mind & cancelled the cheque,

If im honest I was going to stop your payment or return it on Tuesday,

All I can say is this......

Its you that has missed out big time by doubting me, its you that won't be getting the system, I can sell the systems ANYWHERE without a problem so its no loss to me, I'd rather sell to someone who trusts me,

No hard feelings on my part, once you cancel the cheque you are out of this topic, by law you will have no involvement in ANY of my business as im sure you understand,

Thank you anyway for what could have been a nice transaction, just a pitty you doubt people so easily............

hanz, i already printed the forums out so i have FULL proof of who posted my address, action will follow so no need for me to say anymore,

Hanz, Your order is cancelled as of 00:39 -
Davey G, your order is cacnelled as of 00:32 -

I hold no grudges with people & i wish you all the best in the future,

Its a great shame on your parts that you didn't trust me but then again i understand your doubts,

Well as long as you try and get a court order against me (AHAHAHA!) I will be pretty happy to have my order cancelled.
You just seem far too dodgy and don't seem able to do the simple things I asked you to do for reassurance.

Btw the Data Protection Act's main use is to stop people from harvesting people's personal information, and selling it on to Third Parties, and that sort of thing. Not silencing people that have been trying to figure you out...

Hanz, you put yourself in it there:

"He can't really call for legal action, as I have got rid of the addresses.
He has to claim if damage has been caused by the address, only special cases are compensation given for distress alone."

You admitted you got rid of the addresses!!!!!

Yeah he did, but your missing the point. Hes not caused you loss of earnings, nobodys come round to your house and threatened you, youve not been harmed in anyway shape or form. So whats the problem? And anyway, why would you take legal action, its completely immoral when no harm has been done.

bargainbassments posted on Aug 29 2005 at 12:42 AM said:
Hanz, you put yourself in it there:

"He can't really call for legal action, as I have got rid of the addresses.
He has to claim if damage has been caused by the address, only special cases are compensation given for distress alone."

You admitted you got rid of the addresses!!!!!
Errr. yes.
You can see the editing of my message, you can see the [snip] that is where your addresses were.

edit: I got rid of them - in order that whatever apparent "harm" they have done would stop immediatley...
edit2: In fact if you decided to take legal action against me that is probably as far as it would go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz, ok im sorry about that & thank you for removing them,

"Yeah he did, but your missing the point. Hes not caused you loss of earnings, nobodys come round to your house and threatened you, youve not been harmed in anyway shape or form. So whats the problem? And anyway, why would you take legal action, its completely immoral when no harm has been done. "

good point there & you may be justified, i won;t take action im just trying to point out im annoyed!!!!,

As it now seems ALL these emails back & forth have been for nothing!, i tried proving myself to you & feel i did to the best of my abilty, i offered to send pictures of my current systems im building & my passprt but i guess once you doubt someone theres no chaning your mind which is fair enough,

I don't want to fall out with anyone as i try to get along with ALL people,

Also my website will be updated shortly so please feel free to view even if your not buying from me!!!!,

if anyone else trusts me & needs a system then let me know :p

In fairness the passport photo would have swayed me. But you must understand its INCREDIBLY difficult to get money out of people whove scammed you. After all, 400 quid really isnt worth lengthy court action, and if your 17 the prospect is even more daunting.

EDIT: WHat is your website?

what is this forum about anyway if you don't mind me asking????, i have new forums setup but they are for fish-keeping & is sponsered by 4 of the top UK & US magazines in the uk & us, been running a month & have been doing well, my partner runs it but i manage it along with 29 moderators!!!

loz the guru, well thanks for trusting me on that one!, everyone of these forums can see i have tried my bloody hardest to reassure people but it obviously wasn;t enough :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back