PCSX doesn´t read gamepad controls

MOPir

Still Fresh
Hi,

when i try to start PCSX from the menu, it opens the readme file instead of the programm.

but thats not the big problem.

the much bigger problem is that the programm doesn´t notice when i use the d-pad, the nubs, the buttons so i cant do anything with the emulator.

please help me.

ps.: When I try to overclock cpu speed i can choose 800mhz as the maximum although i own a 1ghz edition. perhaps it has something to do with my attempt to update the pandora without working wlan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using the latest version (r18) from the repo -

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.pcsx_rearmed.notaz

Older versions will often not work under the current version of the OS.

The repo is the place to look for the most up to date versions of any programs.

Other things to look at if that's not the issue:

What category does it appear under in the menu?

It should be under "Emulators" - but only if the PND was put into the 'apps' or 'menu' folder.

If you put the Pcsx PND in the 'desktop' folder, it will appear only on the desktop (not in the menu), but the readme will still appear in the menu under 'documentation'

Any 'readme' files should appear only under the "Documentation" category.

Hi,

when i try to start PCSX from the menu, it opens the readme file instead of the programm.

but thats not the big problem.

the much bigger problem is that the programm doesn´t notice when i use the d-pad, the nubs, the buttons so i cant do anything with the emulator.

please help me.

ps.: When I try to overclock cpu speed i can choose 800mhz as the maximum although i own a 1ghz edition. perhaps it has something to do with my attempt to update the pandora without working wlan.
How do you know the controls don't work if starting the emulator brings up the readme not the program?

EDIT: figured out the problem with posting links, it doesn't like using url tags anymore. (link to PCSX in Repo in my previous post fixed)

How do you know the controls don't work if starting the emulator brings up the readme not the program?
I think he meant that whatever he was launching under the menu turned out to be the documentation (no indication if this was actually appearing under 'Emulators' though or was actually meant to be the docs), but that presumably the desktop icon started PCSX but without responding to controls, others have reported this when using versions they'd either downloaded aeons ago or found on the older software sites!

Back