PCSX rearmed touchscreen

LTStone

Would it be possible to add the 4 quadrant touchscreen feature that the Wiz and Cannoo have? I just find it tricky sometime trying to find keyboard keys it the heat of battle. It would be nice to map r2/l2 to the bottom of the touch screen instead.

just map them to "P" & "Q" they are easily findable with thumbs even if you're not looking at the keyboard, touchscreen works excellent with lightgun games i can see remapping things to the touchscreen possibly messing with that, if its even possible

I personally like the one and backspace key... maybe still not a bad idea to implement the touchscreen, but seems less easy to hit personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I don't know, When I play street fighter and I need to hit r2 or L2 real quick I still fumble finding any of the buttons on the keyboard. for most other games it works fine though.

when playing streetfighter alpha 3 i find P&Q work pretty well. In most streetfighter games you can remap the controls from within the game so i suppose you could make the R2 & L2 buttons "light punch" and "light kick" so they'll be used less frequently even if you have to have those buttons on the keyboard, and transpose their original functions to the face buttons in the options menu of your SF game. Personally i think touching the screen would be a real pain in the ass (& i'm speaking as a guy with long fingers), the lack of tactile feedback would really bug me too, but then i guess everyone is different.

I probly wouldn't think much of it, but it was a feature on the Wiz version and worked suprising well, I used it for games like Metal Gear to change weapons and gear (it pauses while you change weapons and equipment) Syphon filter to look around corners etc. It worked well for buttons that were not used often or under pressure. Now for street fighter when I want to throw or use 3p or 3k for say Zangief or T-hawk using the corner of the touch screen would be ideal for me. Still I know its kind of a special request for a select few but all the same I figured it might be easy to implement since it has already been added to another build already.

just have the PPP and KKK buttons mapped to the R & L shoulders, Hard Punch to ( Y ), Med Punch to ( A ), Hard Kick to ( B ), Med Kick to ( X ), and the light attacks to whatever keys you prefer - this is what i do.

Think there might be an issue with the screen detecting finger pressure, mine always responds to stylus better, and its suicide to get the stylus out in the middle of streetfighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probly wouldn't think much of it, but it was a feature on the Wiz version and worked suprising well
It probably isn't a good idea to egange in a thread about a topic I have no real clue about, but looking at the Wiz having the screen directly between the controls and the Pandoras screen beeing above the controls, I have doubts that this would work well (especially in tense situations).

Back