PCSX-ReARMed updated

When I try to start Deathtrap Dungeon, it hangs on the first logo. When I try to start Carmageddon, it crashes the pandora at the first loading screen.

One of the programmers who worked on Carmageddon was a friend/colleague of a friend/colleague of mine back when I was a PSX programmer and having listened in on their conversations around that, I have a faint whiff that Carmageddon uses some direct hardware access that makes it harder to emulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive already played carmageddon on rearmed r8, i think i had a problem with one of the regions, while another worked fine

ive already played carmageddon on rearmed r8, i think i had a problem with one of the regions, while another worked fine

Cool, what version of the game and bin/cue or iso etc did you use ?

How was the performance ?

Thanks

Great update, with release 9. GTA London works good now with the disc swapping and such. version 8 hung after swapping back to the london disc.

Cool, what version of the game and bin/cue or iso etc did you use ?

How was the performance ?

Thanks
i have them in eboot format, and i think the ntsc one had a lot of graphical issues and sound distortion, while the pal one played great

omg it plays speed punks!!!! i only did the first set of races but it ran like a charm!!!!!!!! thanks notaz!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to notaz!

this sounds like a decent update, iv only seen the emu run in a couple 'official' vids, think one from both craig and ed

I don't know what Justify is, or what it does for G-Con, but does this mean that the G-Con would work? How would it connect to Pandora, adaptor i guess?

I'd be proper chuffed if I could play Point Blank on the tv-out with the gun

It's simulated using touchscreen, not the real thing.

I doubt you can connect GunCon without doing some custom hardware, existing PSX->USB converters probably won't do the right thing since the protocol is different from gamepad one.

can we add plugins to like Mooby's CDR plugin to fix the sound in wipeout 2097? i cant find the source to that anymore :s

Touchscreen would be ok if tapping the pandora screen for shoot but while looking at the screen on the tv-out ...otherwise just too easy.
You should try it, it's still quite challenging. I get my ass kicked in Time Crisis pretty quickly.

can we add plugins to like Mooby's CDR plugin to fix the sound in wipeout 2097? i cant find the source to that anymore :s
What exactly is the problem there? If it's missing music, it should work fine if you use proper .cue/.bin CD image.

I can confirm that wipeout 2097 works perfect, i have been playing it the last weeks. Using .bin .cue image and pal version (well, talking about 2097 is always pal otherwise it would be named xl).

I must say also that i if you got it from internet just try to download it again, I remember that it took me a few tries to get the game working on my pc with epsxe. It seems that there are some bad dumps there.

To my euro friends, did Wipeout 2097 come with a free RED BULL add delivery system. I had XL and i played it the least because i didn't like the red bull adds. I thought Wip3out was the best one in the series, I really wanted the special edition to hit an NTSC format because 8 tracks just isn't enough but what can you do? except play it on PANDORA!! totally worth the wait.

How about Fusion, did anyone play that for the PS2? The tracks were pretty cool and being able to upgrade the ships was a nifty idea. Again I didn't dig on the Kappa promotion I'm glad they had a return to form (being wip3out) with Pure. Now that it is online with the PS3 i can find out how crappy I really am!!! :p

Back