Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

- emulator crashed while playing tekken3

- when starting Gran Turismo 2 screens not showing then fails to start game

- crashed while loading Driver

doh just re-read OP, above all clocked at 800mhz, i should lower clock?

What's your overclock and OPP?

Mine crashed at 1 Ghz on OPP4, but was fine at 0.95 Ghz on OPP3, or 1.05 Ghz on OPP5

Last edited by a moderator:
I am brought back to WizardStan's puzzle-pieces-in-a-box analogy... you guys must have used a lot of care in putting them in carefully, and proved they all fit!

And the Pandora production is greenlit and poised to start. What a holiday!

Thanks to all of you, Exo, notaz, ED, et al!

/posted from my most favorite Christmas toy

Awesome. Thank you so much, Exophase and notaz, you are amazing.

One game that will still not run for me is 3D-Lemmings (NTSC). Music plays (and keeps playing) but the screen remains black after the "now loading" screen (the intro videos and splash screens before that display fine). I tried using interpreted mode as well as enabling/disabling all available options in all available gpu-plugins to no avail.

*squeeel*!!!!!!! :D

Wow... I'm sure I was only using r10 when I sent my Pandora away... This is going to be sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!

It's my fave emu, but the touch of slowdown i experienced every time a battle started in FF9 was a bit annoying.

Sounds like it's gonna be smooooth as butter now! Can't wait!

And slightly pimped graphics. Who can argue with that? ;) ^_^

Merry Xmas!!!

Amazing speed, been playing games with 650 MHz, and yes, they were smooth and fast :)

Awesome release :)

Only issue I've encountered so far:

The characters in Xenogears now have parts missing. It's playable, just looks a bit weird :D

music on Wipeout XL is not playing; still getting issues with GT2

edit1

GT2 now works fine if gpuPCSX4ALL.so is chosen as GPU plugin

Wow, this is really astonishing. I can't test it right now, but from the sound of it it seems to be. A major improvement.

Is this rendering with the sgx now?

Thank You, Notaz+Exophase.

I will check some games that was notworking [crashing emu] in previous versions of emu like:

- jackie chan stuntmaster

- mtv snowboarding

- mortal kombat trilogy

- mortal kombat 3

- need for speed 3

This is very good! I played far to much Tekken 3 last night when I ought to be asleep :D

Now there is, what, four different GPUs, right? Is it possible to get a quick rundown for the intlecktualy shallenged (i.e. me) of which one is which, and why one would use the one or the other? As in "gpuPCUX3.so is the fastest, but may cause artifacts on certain games. gpu123.so is very accurate, but slow. gpuMRYXMAS.so is the new lovechild of Exophase and Notaz, born on christmas day and will save the world" or something like that?

Or maybe it is already in the readme, and I just made an ass of myself? Oh, well... :D

The games ive tried so far work great, and for example Castlevania SOTN now has perfect sound, before it was all choopy, so thanks again for this great Christmas present. :)

Bravo!

Something to fiddle with while the Turkey percolates through me later.

I will check some games that was notworking [crashing emu] in previous versions of emu like:

- need for speed 3

Need For Speed 3 (PAL/Bin+Cue) worked fine for me for some time, just a little choppy until R11, pretty much perfect then.

- emulator crashed while playing tekken3

- when starting Gran Turismo 2 screens not showing then fails to start game

- crashed while loading Driver

doh just re-read OP, above all clocked at 800mhz, i should lower clock?

What's your overclock and OPP?

Mine crashed at 1 Ghz on OPP4, but was fine at 0.95 Ghz on OPP3, or 1.05 Ghz on OPP5

I could be wrong here cause am pretty thick, but am sure ive read somewhere on the board that the way that pcsx rearmed was built that its designed to work better at lower clock speeds (650 was the max recomended in the thread am sure) and overclocking will actually be counter productive and cause more stability issues rather than speeding up the emu.

Also massive thanks to Notaz and Exophase for the latest update will have to give it a good old test on my 9 hour bus journy tomorrow

I am officially an ass, but in the spirit of Christmas generosity, I'll be the ass free of charge :)

Outstanding. Been playing FFVII since yestarday at 600MHz. It is awesome! Thanks Notaz and Exophase.

Now there is, what, four different GPUs, right? Is it possible to get a quick rundown for the intlecktualy shallenged (i.e. me) of which one is which, and why one would use the one or the other? As in "gpuPCUX3.so is the fastest, but may cause artifacts on certain games. gpu123.so is very accurate, but slow. gpuMRYXMAS.so is the new lovechild of Exophase and Notaz, born on christmas day and will save the world" or something like that?

Or maybe it is already in the readme, and I just made an ass of myself? Oh, well... :D
It's in the readme. In short, use the default one (builtin_gpu), it's Exophase's one, fastest and most accurate. If you hit bugs (Gran Turismo 2 and Xenogears reported so far), switch to gpuPCSX4ALL.so (different set of glitches) or gpuPEOPS.so (slowest but well tested on PC emus). gpuGLES.so is experimental OpenGL ES plugin that uses SGX, but it's too unstable to be useful.

Yep, I discovered it in the readme, too. Color me grey and call me I-or :D

Back