Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

When the processor is sleeping it's clock gated, which is like running at 0Hz. That's probably the best you will get in frequency control. The wear you talk about will be due to voltage, so you'd have to change OPP instead..

I Have an issue in which I can't browse to the 2nd sd card which is where I located some games. Also is there a way to fix Resident evil 2 (leon campaign) freezing after entering the shop at the begining of the game?.

RE: resi 2, if you convert the game into an EBOOT this fixes the problem

I have just downloaded r 17 of pcsx-rearmed. I am able to run project x 2 but after the intro sequence has finished the emulator crashes.

Its a bin cue file. my bios is named scph1002.bin and is in the bios folder. the emu crashes with the simulated bios selected too.

I have tried 2 copies of project x 2 and the same problems. Maybe its just a problem with this game. I have yet to try a different game as i dont have one now.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_u6aoafgCSI?feature=oembed

Had a fun time saving constantly leading up to the double res glitch. Btw, notaz your emulator is fantastic, and the most fun I'm having on the OP so far.

Here is savestate 8, of Front Mission 3. I think I detailed which game it was in my previous post on here.

Load the save game, and press X. You charecter will shoot at the guy below you.

It seems he has a random event, so about 1 out of 3 times, the game will have the messed up look (usually flat blue polygons and text)

The times most likely to glitch are when you get the random "shoot more than once at the bad guy", which has a noise and build up before he shoots. Might be a overload of transperancy going on? (wild guess)

*edit* Incase this isn't saved with the state, you need to be in double resolution. I think I have hardware filter on default_up as well.

SLUS01011-SLUS01011-pressX.zip

Attachments

• SLUS01011-SLUS01011-pressX.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:
I have just downloaded r 17 of pcsx-rearmed. I am able to run project x 2 but after the intro sequence has finished the emulator crashes.

Its a bin cue file. my bios is named scph1002.bin and is in the bios folder. the emu crashes with the simulated bios selected too.

I have tried 2 copies of project x 2 and the same problems. Maybe its just a problem with this game. I have yet to try a different game as i dont have one now.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_u6aoafgCSI?feature=oembed
Bump...

We had that problem some versions back and I fixed it, it appears it has regressed again, that sometimes happens with emu development..

I Have an issue in which I can't browse to the 2nd sd card which is where I located some games. Also is there a way to fix Resident evil 2 (leon campaign) freezing after entering the shop at the begining of the game?.

Thanks Monkfish that did the trick. In general Is it better to convert games to eboot?

In general Is it better to convert games to eboot?
Surely yes! I saved lot of space in my SD card thanks to Eboot compression.

Why would converting to eboot fix a compatibility issue? Sounds like a loader bug .. Eboot is just a psp wrapper no?

The times most likely to glitch are when you get the random "shoot more than once at the bad guy", which has a noise and build up before he shoots. Might be a overload of transperancy going on? (wild guess)
Had no time to look at this myself, but could you try turning off frameskip and see if it still happens? I just saw similar problems on RRType4 and they turned out to be frameskip caused.
Why would converting to eboot fix a compatibility issue? Sounds like a loader bug .. Eboot is just a psp wrapper no?
The problem is that almost all CD formats are undocumented proprietary formats, usually from some Windows CD copier programs, or for the case of EBOOT, PSP itself. All support is based on reverse engineered info, sometimes even looking at the files with a hex editor, so there are often problems. This should be at least a bit better in the next release.

FYK: I tried my copy of RE2 and it works without converting it. I ran it as bin/toc-image. I just tried entering the ammo-shop with the shotgun-guy and played a few screens further. So it's not a game/emu-specific problem.

I've uploaded r18 with some compatibility and CD image format handling fixes. There are almost no user-visible changes or features, but there were lots of code changes in the core. The most visible change is in the file browser, it now should no longer show unneeded files, but that can be toggled with (Y).

Get it from the repo, as usual:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=package.pcsx_rearmed.notaz

Great thing pcsx Rearmed keeps being update despite being already almost perfect. Thanks Notaz. I would like to ask how to handle games that have multitrack audio and/or multiple .bin instead of just one .iso,.bin,etc. should I put everything inside the game folder?I tried to just use the main .bin image but I get no sound (MKtrilogy). 

Great to see some update even when you said you'll work on an other secret project.

Thanks.

Back