Release Pcsx-Rearmed

notaz said:
drc: don't pass r3 to memhandlers

also don't recalculate cycles after reads - PCSX doesn't queue any interrupts on reads.
You can drop the load_all_consts/wb_dirtys/wb_consts too. Those values are only used if a pagefault occurs.

notaz said:
but don't merge RAM_OFFSET stuff, I don't want to mess with this yet
I added that because people were complaining that it wouldn't run on Android. It's not necessary for Pandora or Maemo.

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME release!
Played some Muppet RaceMania, Xenogears, Muppet Monster Adventure and Threads of Fate - all smooth and fullspeed! Yeeeha :D

what's the recommended way to transfer PS1 save files to PC/USB/etc? i've spent a lot of time unlocking tracks and vehicles in WipeOut3 that i don't want to repeat....

Larry Hastings said:
[*]Robotron X and Wipeout XL: no button presses ever seem to register. But then both of these are 1996 games, and the Dual Analog Controller came out in 1997. I'm too lazy to haul out the PS1 and a Dual Analog to test and see if they act like this on the real hardware.

i have both these games, and neither support analog controllers; dpad only, unfortunately.

Larry Hastings said:
#1 GameMaster said:
On a side note though has anyone checked Spyro the Dragon to see if the updrafts work? :)
Oh, the updrafts work, you just can't see 'em. And nope, I tried Spyro The Dragon in r7 and they were still invisible.

Rollcage still crashes, too. But Tarzan works now!
Well that's what I meant (visible) but thanks anyways. ;)

I hope someone is able to figure this out. It's not horrible but like you said it's bothersome in some stages like "Tree Tops".

notaz said:
Larry Hastings said:
Oh, the updrafts work, you just can't see 'em. And nope, I tried Spyro The Dragon in r7 and they were still invisible.
Seems to be a GPU problem and I'm not an expert of that thing. I haven't cross-checked it with PCSX-Reloaded as savestates are incompatible, memcards don't work and it's so far in the game.
I'm happy to play through the game to that point with PCSX-Reloaded if it'll help. Once I'm done, what files would you like?

Please add support for the other iso file types :).
Thanks for all your hard work this is the best emu yet for the Pandora :)

If all the games didn't need to be overclocked so much, this emulator would be a green on the wiki.

notaz said:
IsSuE said:
edit2: i cant save in ff7, it always tells me "no memory card found". I am on hotfix 5 rc2 and use a bios in pcsx_rearmed
It used to work before, right?

Yup. But, I must say, it works for me just as good as before. HF5rc1, HLE-bios.

Moxie said:
notaz said:
IsSuE said:
edit2: i cant save in ff7, it always tells me "no memory card found". I am on hotfix 5 rc2 and use a bios in pcsx_rearmed

I have not tried HLE. And I cant tell if it worked before, I tried ff7 the first time on r7

Saga Frontier (NTSC) says I don't have a memory card inserted, so I cannot create a game.

EDIT: I have noticed that FFVII (NTSC) crashes on me now right in the beginning of a new game as it transitions from the opening FMV to where Cloud jumps off of the train. Colony Wars (NTSC) also crashes on me as a new game is starting.

I'm fairly certain that these are good dumps. Colony Wars plays fine in r6. FFVII does the same thing, even with a fresh disc image.

EDIT 2: On FFVII, I deleted the config files for the game and now it seems to play fine. Nevermind...

FINAL EDIT: I have no idea what changed as I was testing these games between the different versions, but now Colony Wars works fine as well. Saga Frontier still tells me that I don't have a memory card "properly inserted" using r7, but works fine in r6.

IsSuE said:
Moxie said:
notaz said:
IsSuE said:

I have not tried HLE. And I cant tell if it worked before, I tried ff7 the first time on r7

I FFVII can't find my memcard either, HLE or BIOS makes no difference.
EDIT: Worked fine on r6.

This emulator is just fantastic! Much better than that other one by the other guy.
Every single game I used to play on my PSP works perfectly here, if not better!

However, I do have one question. I have a memory card file in the .MCR format, and want to convert it to .MCD format so that my Pandora can read it.
I downloaded several different programs, and did just that. When I try to load the memory card in the game on the Pandora, it simply doesn't detect the save! The .MCR file read just fine on my Droid X, so I know that the original file is good. MemcardRex seemed to be the best Memory Card converter out there. But even so, my Pandora is just not reading the MCD save file.

I've done plenty of Google searching, and found nothing...All of the search results are for hacked PSP memory card saves it seems.

Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Where should I go from here? Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Travis B.

Fantastic release. I'd been using r5 up until today, and had tried the following games with these results:

Ghost in the Shell: low framerate, in-game sound was extremely choppy, FMV stuttered
Xenogears: extremely low framerate, sound sped up or slowed down as a function of processor load
Lunar (Silver Star Story Complete): ran fine
Silent Hill: almost unplayable due to choppy sound and extremely low framerate. I had to disable sound in order to get the game play and video to smooth out enough to be bearable, which renders the game unplayable because then you miss out on audio cues that are vital to surviving the game.

All of these issues are much improved with r7. Silent Hill is playable (even if the framerate hovers under 30, but hey, audio works now!), Ghost in the Shell is zippy and fun. The only issue that's still noticeable is the sound in Xenogears still slows down or speeds up depending on what the processor is doing, but since the sound effects aren't integral to game play, this is palatable. Plus, I have a vague recollection that this happened on the original console to some degree...

Disclaimer: I've got pcsx-rearmed running at 800MHz by default for all these games. YMMV at lower clock speeds.

I didn't have time to test out Twisted Metal, but I plan to get around to that tonight. Overall, I'm very much impressed at the state of this emu; most of these games are running as well as or better than on ePSXe on my desktop machine. It certainly showcases what a powerhouse the Pandora is.

Excellent work, Notaz!

Ari64 said:
You can drop the load_all_consts/wb_dirtys/wb_consts too. Those values are only used if a pagefault occurs.
Will do, thanks.

Ari64 said:
notaz said:
what's the recommended way to transfer PS1 save files to PC/USB/etc? i've spent a lot of time unlocking tracks and vehicles in WipeOut3 that i don't want to repeat....
Like said saves are in pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/.pcsx on SD, if memcards work their format should be compatible with PC emus (but it looks like they are broken at the moment).

Larry Hastings said:
notaz said:
Seems to be a GPU problem and I'm not an expert of that thing. I haven't cross-checked it with PCSX-Reloaded as savestates are incompatible, memcards don't work and it's so far in the game.
I'm happy to play through the game to that point with PCSX-Reloaded if it'll help. Once I'm done, what files would you like?
Well find out if it works there at all (and make a savestate), if it does I'll figure out the rest. Probably best to try their latest svn version (some untested build here), if that doesn't work try 1.9.92 stable release.

budbud said:
Please add support for the other iso file types :) .
What types do you miss?

TSBroich said:
However, I do have one question. I have a memory card file in the .MCR format, and want to convert it to .MCD format so that my Pandora can read it.
According to reports I broke memcard support, wait for r8 or try it on r6 (see first post).

As I said, I had no trouble finding the memcard even on r7. Might it be a combination of r7 and Hotfix 5 rc 2 (which I don't have)?

notaz said:
Ari64 said:
notaz said:
but don't merge RAM_OFFSET stuff, I don't want to mess with this yet
I added that because people were complaining that it wouldn't run on Android. It's not necessary for Pandora or Maemo.
So Android doesn't have a working mmap? I know they killed /dev/mem, but mmap..
It has a working mmap, but the memory layout is a bit weird. Apparently there is something at 0x80000000 and you can't map the ram there.

Back