Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Dunny said:
RoadRash worked fine in r6, just hangs in r7 - gets past the first couple of movies no problems by pressing START and then hangs.

D.
This is a pretty clear sign that you should be playing the superior N64 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
budbud said:
Please add support for the other iso file types :) .
What types do you miss?

Sorry - my bad I had some bad images

_Sterling said:
It certainly showcases what a powerhouse the Pandora is.
It certainly showcases what a powerhouse Notaz is :p

Okay... This memcard bug is weird. In FFVII, I can't load my game (continue is grayed out as if there is no memcard), but if I load a state, tries to save (it'll find my memcard + saves) and then resets the game (in menu), I can load my game again...

EDIT: Is enough to load the working state and instantly reset, at least sometimes. I managed to get the emulator to crash once when doing it with a different savestate.

Thanks to Notaz, I can't get enough Parapper the Rapper.. (I can't stop thinking about those songs)

It works perfectly!!

RayCrisis doesn't work. Goes to the "checking for a memory card" screen and just stops, like its looking forever. The emulator does not freeze; I can go to the menu and pick another game.

Also, Rapid Reload works very well, but the screen occasionally flashes black. Seems to happen whenever you destroy something in particular, though I'm not exactly sure what. It's quite seizuriffic.

Note: This is R6. Can't try R7 for some time.

DaveC said:
_Sterling said:

I couldn't agree more. We're all indebted for his massive contributions. Hoping to try out this emulator on the N900, now that I've got one to tide me over.

Dead1nside said:
DaveC said:
_Sterling said:

I couldn't agree more. We're all indebted for his massive contributions. Hoping to try out this emulator on the N900, now that I've got one to tide me over.

Absolutely. One of the things that I've often sarcastically said is, "The best thank-you's come in the form of dollars" (or Euros, litai, etc.). I'm certainly encouraged to donate again at this rate.

There does seem to be something funky going on with the memory cards in r7.

Overall though, r7 was a definite improvement. Notaz, I know you said that any further development would require a massive overhaul, well... I still hope you keep it up. This is impressive stuff.

Alright, here a rather interesting Report of mine...

You guys know how R6 and below failed to run US-Grandia... well... here is good news, R7 for some reason runs it now... whatever you did to it did the job.

Both US and german Grandia no longer crash on saving at savepoints, and the speedboost is unbelievable... Grandia now runs fullspeed and Chrono Cross, the no doubt graphically most intensive PSX game out nearly runs fullspeed.

The only thing slowing Chrono Cross down now is the "Battleswirl" when entering Battle (down to 15fps) and graphically intensive skills like Meteorite.

There is however a downside which comes from this... many games now have screwed up Audio... did you do anything SPU specific in R7? The Memory Card problem people talk about in here I do not experience however... all my memory cards work fine.

About the sound issue... both US and EUR Grandia no longer has sound, none at all... Tomba 2 fails to playback the voicing now and not all BGMs play... didn't have that problem on earlier revisions...

Chrono Cross however works fine - full sound - enormous speed increase... this sure is a weird release... a two-sided edge it seems?

#1 GameMaster said:
HackModford said:
I can't wait to get my pandora BACK from repairs :D
I'll immediately start digging in and see how much better everything runs :D
Same for me. :(

On a side note though has anyone checked Spyro the Dragon to see if the updrafts work? :)
Same for me also.

On another side note: Thanks again for all your efforts.

CJ

David Bowman said:
EDIT: I have noticed that FFVII (NTSC) crashes on me now right in the beginning of a new game as it transitions from the opening FMV to where Cloud jumps off of the train. Colony Wars (NTSC) also crashes on me as a new game is starting.

I'm fairly certain that these are good dumps. Colony Wars plays fine in r6. FFVII does the same thing, even with a fresh disc image.

EDIT 2: On FFVII, I deleted the config files for the game and now it seems to play fine. Nevermind...
You are likely too close to your overclocking limit, r7 uses a lot more NEON which impacts overclocking. Mine is stable @850MHz on OPP3, but for this emu I need to set it to 790MHz (not even sure that's not too much, had some weird crashes still, but those could be bugs).

Somebody needs to write an app to find safe amount of overclock when NEON does lots of calculations, maybe I'll do it someday.

Coldbird said:
There is however a downside which comes from this... many games now have screwed up Audio... did you do anything SPU specific in R7? The Memory Card problem people talk about in here I do not experience however... all my memory cards work fine.
Yeah I rewrote some SPU stuff attempting to make it all faster. List all affected games (if you find more) and I'll have a look.

notaz, I honestly don't really know what happened as I was trying to find a common thread between the problems, but they play fine now. FFVII wasn't overclocked to more than 700mhz, but it was very jumpy right after the opening cut scene, and now it plays fine. I almost never clock that high, and my default is 600mhz with frameskip ON. After posting that, I compared the config files from r6 and a newly-generated one from r7 and noticed they were identical, so obviously it wasn't that. Same disc image, but suddenly FFVII played smoothly. It was late as I was trying this, so perhaps I did something that I wasn't aware of, but I cannot recall any one specific thing that I did that made the games run better. I had already tried rebooting as well and the errors persisted. Perhaps something funky on the SD card? Not sure.

The only problem I keep getting now is the memcard issue.

And the memcard issue seems to be that a state isn't properly set, as it can be fixed by loading a savestate from r6 and then resetting the game.

THIS is the emulator that I have been waiting for! Thank you very much notaz.
Never owned (or really played) a PSX so I am looking forward to the 'classics.'
Starting with Metal Gear Solid.

Great work!

Since I didn't see them on the wiki list, a couple of games I tried under r7 (all Bin/Cue)

Ace Combat 3 (PAL) - Playable enough at 500mhz not to bother overclocking.
Sentinel Returns (PAL) - Runs perfectly at 500mhz

Well most of my games have sound problems starting with R7... and that is somewhat bothering... however R7 is the perfect emulator to run Chrono Cross, finally this thing is playable.
Just interested as I'm somewhat of a tech geek myself who often goes down to ASM layer to get his stuff done... but notaz, mind telling me what exactly you have changed in SPU?

The git-logs aren't exactly spilling too many details about your thoughts.

Also I have a - not really r7 related question... do you think the OpenGLES graphic plugin will ever be in a state where it can actually be used?

No matter which game I've tried with it, it results in horrible screen corruption and lag, depending on the game in use speed differs a lot with the PCSX and embedded gpu plugin.

Good question. I too tested various games with the GLES plugin and got stuttering and corrupted graphics. The only game which benefits somewhat from this plugin in the currend state is NFS2.

Notaz, I just wanted to say wow. R7 is yet another massive improvement. My replacement Pandora arrived today and I just gave R7 a quick run with Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (the game I was in the middle of playing when my LCD cable failed two weeks ago), using my usual settings (so, overclocked to 750MHz), and it's now perfect - no minor slowdowns during fading in and fading out, and things like that, and the frameskip barely ever needs to kick in at all now. It's a hell of a contrast to R6!

Nice work, seriously.

I'll give Klonoa - Door To Phantomile a look when I've got a moment, so I can follow up on that thing with the erroneous "???"s in speech-boxes that I mentioned finding with R6, before.

Back