Release Pcsx-Rearmed

meandu229 said:
Made A VERY quick video showing some MGS THPS3 and crash banicoot 2,, will try make a better one next week when I have time but this was requested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mOlvl7dac&feature=youtube_gdata

What are your settings for pcsx_rearmed and at what clockspeed did you do this? I am using a bios and overclocked to 800mhz still cant get thps3 to run as smooth as in your vid

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaser said:
I've added everyones r5 observations so far to the list.

Thanks very much! You can also add these to the list mate :)

Rayman - working BIN/CUE

Tomb Raider 1 working BIN/CUE

Tomb Raider 2 working BIN/CUE

Nice tip here for anyone with bad dumps. I couldn't get a good rip of Rayman so I had to download it, I'm sure thats legal as I own the original media, it was in ccd format, I just mounted it with Daemon tools and made an image of the virtual drive with alcohol 120% to BIN/CUE format and viola,

Edit the CCD file was misleading because it did start the games and play CD Audio for the first screen and crash with audio still playing.

Thanks for the advice Notaz

Seems like compatibility has improved substantially. So much so that even if the compatibility list says not working on r1 or r2 but has not been updated since then, I would still try it myself on r5.

Thanks notaz.

I'm playing FF7 (PAL) using HLE and gpu_pcsx4all and old frameskip, Pandora clocked at 840 MHz. It runs pretty well, a bit of slowdown during battles but overall works great.

Ive added your updates (though attempts to do so with FFb10 from Pandora were SLOW). I´d already added the games. The format info is useful though, as is region and tested speeds to fill in the blanks.

@naples39, the list so far is purely based on anyones comments on this thread since r1, or various entries people have made themselves, without commenting here. As a result it needs lots of feedback from the original posters since r1 to update their findings, with region, format, speed, revision used and any comments. Thats up to them to re help again, as no one owns all of these titles for testing sake. Honest ;)

Chaser said:
Ive added your updates (though attempts to do so with FFb10 from Pandora were SLOW). I´d already added the games. The format info is useful though, as is region and tested speeds to fill in the blanks.

@naples39, the list so far is purely based on anyones comments on this thread since r1, or various entries people have made themselves, without commenting here. As a result it needs lots of feedback from the original posters since r1 to update their findings, with region, format, speed, revision used and any comments. Thats up to them to re help again, as no one owns all of these titles for testing sake. Honest ;)

Oh no, I definitely didn't mean to criticize the chart--a valuable tool no doubt. Just more to commend Notaz and it appears most things run really well now.

I do own them all! :)

Joking, though I do have over a 100 originals filling up my house (and dont ask me about PS2!)

mvickers03 said:
Nice tip here for anyone with bad dumps. I couldn't get a good rip of Rayman so I had to download it, I'm sure thats legal as I own the original media, it was in ccd format, I just mounted it with Daemon tools and made an image of the virtual drive with alcohol 120% to BIN/CUE format and viola,

That shouldn't be necessary, since CloneCD generates the same files you get with BIN/CUE. When you rip a game with CloneCD you get 4 files: CCD,IMG,CUE,SUB. The IMG is the same as the BIN file of CDRWIN's BIN/CUE format. the same goes for the CUE file itself. Sometimes the CUE-file is missing, which can be a problem if there are some audio-tracks in the IMG/BIN-file. If this is the case, you have to generate a CUE-file yourself. You can use redump.org as a resource for this.

@ naples39, Relax man, I was in no way implying you were dissing the chart (who cares if you were, hell I practically trashed it by accident), merely explaining that your observation was absolutely correct in that regardless of what it says for a given game, you should try it anyway. Your version in any format may work, plus you may find the correct setting in the options to get things to run correctly, which will benefit others if its shared. MGS is a good example, or The Misadventures of Tron Bonne that Prometheus has tweaked. Respect to notaz is of course always due.

@ Lobo, Yeah I own the lot too, legal or otherwise. (j/k)

@ Chaser, Do you want to upload these new settings for FFVII? I've tested the old settings and it's more "playable" than "works well", esp during battles.

FFVII (PAL), bin/cue, R5, Works well, 840 MHz. Use HLE (fixes display obstructions and missing cursor), gpu_pcsx4all (better performance in battle scenes).

Chaser said:
@ naples39, Relax man, I was in no way implying you were dissing the chart (who cares if you were, hell I practically trashed it by accident), merely explaining that your observation was absolutely correct in that regardless of what it says for a given game, you should try it anyway. Your version in any format may work, plus you may find the correct setting in the options to get things to run correctly, which will benefit others if its shared. MGS is a good example, or The Misadventures of Tron Bonne that Prometheus has tweaked. Respect to notaz is of course always due.

@ Lobo, Yeah I own the lot too, legal or otherwise. (j/k)

Don't kid yourself, this is very serious business.

jonlad1 said:
Did you think the sound has improved on SOTN from R4 to R5?
I've disabled gaussian interpolation by default, which muffles sound and slows everything a bit (can still be enabled in SPU plugin settings), so it's probably that.

god_at_hell said:
I needed "SPU IRQ Wait" for "Metal Gear Solid". Without this Option, the intro paused every few seconds a little bit. Also the sound had glitches.
I meant it is not needed for Tron Bonne, at least the NTSC version, but Prometheus says it is (it could be just PAL specific).

notaz said:
I meant it is not needed for Tron Bonne, at least the NTSC version, but Prometheus says it is (it could be just PAL specific).
Now that is interesting. I don't own the NTSC version, so I can't try it, but if it is PAL-specific, I wonder why? (Just idle curiousity, really. :p)

I also cant get Strider 2 (PAL) working on R5 just dumps back to the desktop

I'm gonna have to see what all this fuss is about with Tron Bonne........

I can't seem to get Ridge Racer 4 working in this version, crashes back to the desktop just where you select your car.

notaz said:
Time for r5 release.
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r5.pnd

The compatibility should go up a good deal thanks to fixed cdrom code from newer PCSX-Reloaded and my recompiler fixes. All final fantasies work now, for FF8 you need to enable BIOS and play it from the beginning (don't use old savestates with HLE, they are bad). There is now support for more compressed CD image formats, but before reporting bugs try .cue/.bin/.img first.

I'll probably stop working on compatibility now, it's really time to start my optimization efforts. You can keep doing compatibility lists for future reference though.

Here is complete changelog:
  • added support for .bz format, also partial support for .znx and eboot.pbp formats
  • merged latest cdrom code from PCSX-Reloaded project
  • fixed remaining savestate incompatibilities between PCSX4ALL and P.E.Op.S. GPU plugins
  • fixed channel disable preventing irqs in P.E.Op.S. SPU plugin
  • fixed some alignment issues
  • added handling for branches in delay slots
  • fixed some unexpected drops to menu
  • fixed lots of recompiler related issues (see GIT)
  • added watchdog thread to detect emulator lockups
  • minor frontend adjustments
I am so glad to here the added support of eboot.pbp since I already have all of my games already converted to this since I have a PSP. ;)

Can't wait anymore for Pandora. :wacko: By the way anybody with one have you noticed any slow downs or anything odd from using the eboot format or could someone test it out to see if it causes a slowdown or anything.

I'm using normal .img files so I can't really tell about the EBOOT format, however the data inside PSX EBOOT files is libz-compressed, so obviously you will put extra work onto the CPU for decompressing the disc sectors.

How much this slows the whole thing down however I cannot tell.

#1 GameMaster said:
By the way anybody with one have you noticed any slow downs or anything odd from using the eboot format or could someone test it out to see if it causes a slowdown or anything.

I played Vagrant Story for a bit from an eboot image and it seemed fine to me!

Back